Anyone else in a situation like this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Is anyone else in a situation where nearly, and I am not exagerating 90% of there everyday life they are in a negative depressing enviroment. Where you are consumed by nothing but negativity, and you have absolutley no way out. You have been around it for so long that you have been completely consumed by it that even if there was something positive in your life you would never be able to see it. I mean you know once you wake up the next day the same feelings just start all over again. There is no way in this world no one can convince me that death is worse than living like this. Everyday is nothing, but torment.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

3. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yep 2!
  4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Of course, this is a SF after all. A follow up question might be how have people gotten out of this slump? :wink:
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

My days have both negative and positive aspects to them. It's also about perception. A lot of things can be viewed in a negative or positive light.
  6. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

If you're like me, you think about humanity as a whole, not your life alone. When I think about society, It's depressing..the things we do, what is the meaning? Even in the spiritual realm where the highest of highest spirits are upset by the wickedness of humankind.

There are signs.. weeping statues, weeping paintings of spiritual teachers, etc those are signs from the spiritual realm, to inform humans to awaken from this pointless lives, and to live more spiritually. Remembering who we are, that we are immortal souls, we took on a task on earth.

I think it depends on how much you're sensitive to. Some can't handle but some blocks it out, or handle it another way.
  7. downmage

downmage Well-Known Member

I know what you mean..I want my life to end everyday, but I am too chicken to do it.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel this way quite often. You have to change your way of thinking. Maybe CBT could help? :hug:

I'm always here if you need to talk!
  9. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

It is not about what happens to you, but rather how you react to what happens to you. It may seem like its easier said than done, (believe me i know), but its not. And nor should it be.
  10. HomerSimpson

I agree to a ceratin point "It is not about what happens to you, but rather how you react to what happens to you." But when you have been consumed by this for years, years, and years this is all you know. It over takes you. BTW, what is CBT?
  11. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with you and at some point of all the negative shit you truly forget how to see a positive if it happens your way. Or if it does it is so miniscule it really really doesnt make any difference. I hate always being so negative but you get to a point where you dont want to hurt yourself any longer looking for and hoping for something positive to come along. Spending day after day trying to change your situation using all your energy trying, but at the end of the day you are no further ahead and quite frankly a few feet further back than where you started. Or so desperately wanting to believe the things that others tell you as the truths, to find out you only let yourself be hurt again. Yep it's all in how you perceive it. But when you have no hope left you really dont have too many options as to how you see your life and the things around or in it. After years and years of trying to make your life better for yourself and those around you and nothing has gotten better, you accept defeat because you are just too damn tired to try any longer.
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yep again!! I think about it every day but I push it back in my mind. My therapist gets frustrated with me because after three years of therapy I still have negative thoughts or I try to forcast what the future holds for me. So yes I would welcome the end if was to come around.
  13. HomerSimpson

Yeah, you pretty much summed it all up. I quit trying a long time ago. I once heard "You become your enviroment". If you hang around bad people you will become bad. If you are in a depressing and negative enviroment every single day than you will become that. At least that is what has happened to me among other things.
  14. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

yes. its consumed me so much so that even if my life turned around tomorrow, i would still be depressed because thats the only feeling i know anymore.
  15. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Yes, even sometimes I try to keep my mind busy, but what's the point, these are my natural thoughts aren't they?
  16. HomerSimpson

I wish I knew the answer to all of this, because there is just no way I can continue to live feeling this way.
  17. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Have you tried counselling? This may help you.
  18. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i don't know how but i'm out of that state at last. i know this isn't very helpful but be sure that i know and undertsand how and what you feel.
  19. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

yes but i dont know how to stop it
  20. HomerSimpson

Would love to go to counselling, but it is just to costly for me seeing I have no insurance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.