Anyone else know the feeling?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by weirdal, Dec 21, 2009.

1. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

HAs anyone else here experienced the gut wrencing moment when you realize its never going to happen again. When you lvoe someone so much but its just not going work? If so i sympathize with you becasue im going thru it now, and it kills me more than anything else.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Feel it every day.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Still wearing the T-shirt
  4. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

have you ever been able to get over him or her? ive tried for so long i just cant.
  5. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Why isn't it going to work? By that you mean because one doesn't like the other as much? Because I know that feeling, still in the "trying to get over" process.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

isn't it. :sad: it will get better though. i'll get a new shirt, preferably plain, and he'll be out of my mind and my hair. :wallbash:
    dunno my heart is wrecked. wrecked. no one's coming near it for a good few years.
  7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

yes I did & I never get over it :cry:
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

how long has it been for you?
  9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

We were together for 6 and a half years.
    I wanted to marry him and make him happy... but he lost interest.

I've lost my best friend and my only love-- and I know that it's over, but I don't think I'll ever be able to love anyone else.
    It's really painful.
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

how long does it take for a broken heart to heal and for you to trust it with someone again? i know each person will have different experiences, but just wondering..
  11. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

i dont know if a broken heart will ever heal in my case. I think that rather than tryand find new love i would rather wait for my first love even if it took a lifetime, however unlikely the chances are we will get back together are, if you get me.
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah but how long do you wait? if the person has just got up and left, and you've been suffering cos you wanted someone there, how long do you wait?
  13. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

I don't remember the source but I have read that it takes half the length of the relationship for the person whos heart was broken to usually be able to move on and give themselves fully to someone else. However the memory of what you lost may never leave you.
  14. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

So that means after a 6 month relationship I should have been with someone else after 3 months? It only took my ex 2 weeks to start seeing someone else. And I'm not over her yet, even though it's been 1 year 4 months. I have no other relationship to compare this to, as this was my first. I don't see any hope in sight for me. I'm going to be alone for a long time which is the reason why I want to get my life over with sooner than later.
  15. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I dont think you can heal your own broken heart. I think it takes someone else to heal it for you.

I genuinely believe that if it doesnt work out even if you think they are 'the one', then its not the relationship for you. I think what is meant for you wont pass you. I got my heart broken (ripped out and stood on) and 11 days later I met the guy i have been with for 7yrs. Now my 7yr relationship is ending but its been a great 7 yrs and im looking at the situation like a door opening rather than a door closing. Clearly to me, my bf isnt the person im meant to spend my life with so now i am free for mr right if/when he comes along.

I think there is a bigger plan. Yes it hurts and its lonely but be strong, we never know whats around the corner.
  16. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Fantastic post. Agreed :smile:
  17. neverwanted

neverwanted Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, When i got dumped by my ex-boyfriend who i was sure i was completely in love with, i thought life couldn't go on. It was liek someone had ripped my heart out and as i lay on the floor i was watching it beat in the grasp.

But believe me when i say it does get easier and things do get better. The heart needs time to heal.

Someone else will come along and everything you feel now will slowly disappear. You will find loove again. Everyone does!

18. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

She was my best friend of 16 years and I was in love with her the entire time. Last year we decided to become a couple, get engaged, etc. All was going wonderful. Her kids were calling me Daddy. She swore she never knew love til we got together, and that until me, sex was just sex, now she understands making love.
    Last week I was invited over to meet her boyfriend (note: she and I were still together at the time)
  19. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

personally, i have been in this situation, a couple of times.

and i don't believe in a 'formula' based on the length of the relationship, etc.

what i do know is, that when i thought i could not go on, i was able to.
    and when i thought i would not love again, i did.

to me, life, and love, are about renewal. it is a life cycle, that we are in.
    friends, lovers, even family, they all come and go in our lives. . . we can lose something in each but we can also gain much, in each experience.

at the end? well, my opinion only but it makes for a very rich life.
    rich in sorrow, also rich in joy. you must have one, in order to contrast , and feel the other.

i wish you the best, with your situation . .
  20. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I've begun to forgive myself and feel a bit better... I'm not crying every day like I was before- but I'm still really hurt.
    I feel like he'll be my first and last love, and really don't think I'll be able to truly open up to anyone else out of fear that they will reject me too.

then again... I'm still madly in love with him. He could've lied and treated me badly as much as he wanted and I still would have stayed with him... I'm a f*cking moron. -___- **sigh**