Anyone else need drugs/drink to feel normal?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Thinice, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I feel awful without being drunk or high. I've moved on from just weed and beer to swigging spirits all hours of the day, sniffing glue, all kinds of crap. I need them to feel even the slightest bit fine, but you know how it is, you feel worse than you did before when you come down...
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Stop talking! :p I need several cocktails in a day. And I have zilch :(.

I also feel like killing myself. I'm not sure why people harp on self-medication. Drinking and not wanting to kill yourself is so much better than being sober and letting only depression fuck with you.

At least alcohol lets you fight off the depression for a little while.
  3. xxicedragonxx

xxicedragonxx Well-Known Member

at least you can take a drug and feel nomal. i cant even escape that way. im screwed no matter what. even asleep i have started to have nighmares.

i havent even eaten in three days now.

my advice.. it sucks with or without the drugs... no point in not knowing what you are doing.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No,I don't use either. They make me feel worse.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:laugh: my mother is worried about me taking the stuff from here to my flat. she said she hopes i'm not getting dependent on alcohol all the time and she doesn't want me drinking alone in my flat. i said, it's better me being dependent on that if it prevents me going into my grave soon. she shut up the rest of the journey.
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I used to self medicate but I started to lose control, so now it makes me feel worse, the comedowns and the hangovers are usually when I start to feel at my worst and that is when the thoughts of suicide appear.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I need alcohol daily. :sad:
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Yes sometimes I just need that sensation of ripping a bong and getting high just to get through the fucking gayass shit I have to go through at school. It helps me endure the loneliness and watch how fucking people live. Ive cut down since though. I remember not being able to eat at all though without the
  10. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

I can't do clear headed. I've spent years trying to get more wasted than I was yesterday. I have liver problems now apparently, and a budding heart condition and it still makes me feel "better". I lead a pretty active life though really, always have done. Just done it all either stoned or drunk, or both. I need something to look forward to, and it's all I've really enjoyed. Everything just seems more "there" when I'm technically "not".
  11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I drink so I won't feel at all. I want to feel nothing.
  12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Ironic post of the day:

I drink copiously, but have no particular urge to drink today (St. Patrick's day).
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Drinking, smoking, painkillers, anything mind altering... it makes me feel normal.

Normal for me is feeling choked and anxious. But when I take anything mind altering I feel better.

You're not alone :hug:
  14. fromthatshow

I'd like to ask as well...
    For anyone... are drugs the only thing that keep you going?

Right now for me... the only thing that is keeping me alive is thinking about how I can up my next nitrous hit by combining weed, percocets. Thinking about the drugs I haven't tried yet. Mushrooms, heroin. Drugs are on my mind... and when I think about sobriety, I think I'd rather be dead.
  15. musik_addikt

musik_addikt New Member

I need both. Everyday.
    and at night I'd need to be completely wasted so that I can get to sleep. But then I just have nightmares, so it's pretty much a neverending cycle.

And it is what keeps me going, thinking about when I can get my next hit, and how I can get my hands on more drugs.
  16. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

LOL i know what you mean... always gotta have a dealer somewhere to grab
  17. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Drugs strike me as an unwise decision.
  18. everynight
    distracts me from my thoughts
    makes me forget about things like depression and suicide
    things get rough when you hit a time where you hate doing it though
  19. Marxx

Marxx Member

Quit drinking many years ago.

But everyday I smoke axe. Thats what I have where I live.
    Turns any offence into a ridiculous action... makes me feel more relaxed also.

One day, due to age I know I have to quit smoking axe and weed, but I'll have the wine awaiting for me... :tongue:
  20. fromthatshow

I was feeling extremely suicidal last night so I took a percocet my friend gave me and had some alcohol and it kept them away. Alcohol especially fucks me up because I'm on SO MANY meds! Now I feel sick today, and achy.
    I need drugs to keep the suicidal thoughts away, but I feel like the more my Mom finds out about it, the more likely she is to kick me out. I have now where to go :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.