Anyone else REALLY ugly?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fire_inside, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire_inside

fire_inside Guest

God... I am so disgusting. It is no wonder that no girl has ever even looked at me in "that" way. There is not a single good thing about my appearance. I am not exaggerating. I am truly disgusting to look at. Almost any ugly thing you can think of applies to me. I've been constantly told how ugly I am. No one would ever want to be seen with me.

It's just not worth living a life of being ugly and disgusting. I can't even change the things that are wrong with me short of extremely expensive surgery that I would never be able to afford. I will be alone forever, looked down on for my entire life.

I have my "tools" sitting in front of me all the time. One of these days I'm just going to snap and do something to myself impulsively. I can't wait for that day. I wish I could build the courage to do it and save myself so much pain that will surely be coming in my life.
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

The only thing I can say is that appearance is an outer thing, and anyone not looking past the surface is not worth dealing with. I can't speak for any women but myself, but what I look for in a potential 'mate' is NOT appearance but intelligence, a sense of humor, hygiene, and someone with whom I can share my innermost feelings... and a "beautiful" appearance has NOTHING to do with the qualities I consider essential. Please dont' harm yourself because of how you see yourself in the mirror: those who dismiss you because of your looks are missing a lot. Never mind them. You don't need people that shallow for intimate companions or even friendship. Please don't give up. Work on developing the 'inner you', who you really are, and pay no attention to those who judge you based on appearance. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places if all you're finding is these shallow people. Do you do any kind of volunteer work? Charity work? That's a good place to find people who look deeper than what's on the outside. Please don't give up on yourself because of someone else's opinion on the 'outer' you. I'd feel blessed to find a 'soul mate' who would share my life with me... not to mention the old saying: "at nights all cats are grey".:rolleyes: I've always kept my eyes closed when I kissed anyone... and don't give a shit what they look like as long as they're kind and clean and trustworthy.:smile:

3. Guy Incognito XI

Guy Incognito XI Well-Known Member

Friend, the worst thing is that it is axiomatic that one should never judge a book by its cover. In my experience people who are less attractive objectively are much nicer people inside and vice versa.

On the topic of attractiveness I personally would find a less physically attractive girl so much more attractive generally then a gorgeous looking girl with a bad attitude. So imagine that I see girl X who is ok looking and she strokes a nice cat that walks past her. I would think nice. But on the other hand, if I saw girl Y who was really good looking and she ignored the meowing cat I would be repulsed!

There is no doubt though that physical attractiveness is very important in modern society. Your suicidal thoughts are a recognition that you understand the importance of having good looks in this day and age of harsh judgements. It all begins at school with 'oh, minger!' or 'oh, he's fit'. A big proportion of people only care about looks.

But you have to ask yourself if anyone is going to judge you on the basis of your appearance would you really want to be their friend? Unlikely. Their judgements say very little about you, but a lot about what cruel and horrible people they are.

As I have said though good looks are important. You may be thinking who the hell could ever love me? who the hell could ever want to be my friend? who the hell could ever employ me? You must feel worthless.

There are things you can try though:

(1) Maybe you are not hideous on an objective scale. Maybe you just think you are ugly. I think that if a person has low self confidence and low self esteem they hate themselves from within and that manifests itself into a hate onto the outward appearance. Perhaps if you improve your self confidence you will see yourself differently on the outside.

(2) If you really are ugly on an objective scale, try to work on your body toning and personality to compensate. Very few people are perfect: People who are stupid compenste by going to the gym and working out. :laugh: People who are weaklings compensate by studying hard.:huh: Others are less physicaly attractive but compensate by having a good personality, having a brain and a nice body. If you compensated by having those three you would be doing really well. :cool:
  4. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Nobody is truely ugly. Only you can find the beauty within you. When you learn to love yourself you will find it is easier for others to love you too. Something a pastor once told me: God doesn't create garbage. Take care
  5. flclempire

flclempire Well-Known Member

i guess im not that ugly, but im no looker. sometimes i wish i was super ugly...just to make things a bit more interesting.
  6. fire_inside

fire_inside Guest

You wouldn't be saying that if you knew what it was really like...

And thanks for the replies from the other people.
  7. Now, since I obviously do not know what you look like, I can't say that what you're saying about yourself is true but I'm sorry that this is not something you can overcome.

I'm not going to say that I don't think some people are unattractive and some aren't, because that's the way I am. But I don't base it on looks alone. And every other person has their different tastes. You may be so-called "ugly" to those people you mentioned, but to another group you might be gorgeous.

I myself do not believe I'm the most wonderful-looking person in the world due to certain self-esteem issues caused by my family continuously beating on the way I look/dress/act and such. But what I'm saying is, you have to find someone or something to help you overcome this because you are beautiful in one way or another.
  8. lilyao

lilyao Active Member

hey , i know how you feel ,its the worst thing in this world, i mean theres people hanging out with me but im sure they do it because they feel sorry for me or something , im afraid of looking myself in the mirror, my shadow , my pictures and everything about me , the only thing i can say is that you cant be that ugly, maybe youre not ugly nad its only your mind, then i could say im the uglies girl on earth because there are uglier girls with boyfriends and stuff, so i ask myself why them and not me?, its weird , but if i can help feel free to PM me anytime!, hope you feel better, bye bye
  9. flclempire

when i said i wouldt mind being a bit uglier i dont think we see the same things as ugly....u dont know me and i know wuts its liek to be ugly :cool:

hey zeus chrispy cream christ i constantly wonder why i even come here, every friggin thread turns out to be either a plead for attention or a way to avoid the persons real problem. then when ppl give sincere comments they always get shot down. why the fug dont u guys jsut make a sticky saying "generic uncaring comments only"?! arg my skins on fire
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  10. malift

malift Member

I can completely relate. The importance of physical appearances amongst human beings is probably the number one reason I want to die.

As far as I know, I haven't had women look at me "that way" either. I'm in a strange place because I disagree with all sexuality but still somehow get rejected because of the way I look.

To make matters worse, I'm rejected for the way I look and then I go ahead and reject others. It is a horrible position to be in, to be shallow and ugly.

Fire_inside, in spite of my own suicidal wishes, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone else and as hypocritical as it may sound I very much hope you find happiness and someone who can make you happy.
  11. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

Yo man, fo real I had horrible self esteem issues, sure looks help man but hey i put a different mindset out there and attract SO many girls. If you send out good vibes they will come right back to you i.e. girls who like you for who you are.
  12. Jawa

Jawa Guest

Appearance is only one source of self esteem, there are five other ways to make you feel better about yourself. Also be aware that at times people will lie to you by saying something negative about you that isn't true/over exaggerated in order to boost their ego.

13. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

Chirst, I google suicide forum and see the post I was about to post myself.

I'm really ugly too, it really upsets me badly, I lost a lot of weight and now my skin is all horrid and flabby. It sounds shallow but I'm nearing 24 years old and I've never been in a relationship, nor shall i ever be. I've had sex a few times but those were purely alcohol fueled encounters. No sober woman would ever want to be with me.

Forget all these fuckers with their well wishing, i studied hard into the theory evolution and I know full well a poor copy like me will never replicate. I know it's for the best that I don't pass on my inferior genes but it just breaks my fucking heart. Honestly, I've tried everything, I've had some plastic sugrery and I even tried body building, I can actually bench press a hell of a lot and my muscles are getting pretty massive but I'm still an ugly bastard, I look like a pitbull. I'm such a disgrace I can't stop day dreaming about killing myself all the time.

I've been over this a million times, people keep on convincing myself that life is worth living but this has been with me since I was 19 years old. I don't understand why people support views against suicide, my life has been a living hell over the last few years! All I've had to suffer is constant rejection from girls whilst my friends get laid around the clock. I can't take it! I honestly can't, I feel that if I don't end my own life I'm going to either start forcing myself on women or taking other lives. Sounds pretty disgusting and horrible but my brain is absolutely cooking over this subject, I feel like I'm on fire and there's just not release at all. I'd love to leap off a building and pound the ground with my body but it's in my fucking head that's its going to be the biggest regret in my life.

I have this vulgar rage against life building up inside of me, I don't know what to do, I'm such fucking ugly bastard. Nothing will soothe me. It would be a blessing in disguse if i were to irradicated instantly by some accident. I'm rapidly becoming a person I really don't want to be.
  14. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

Yeh you definetly dont want to rape women or kill other people -_-. You just dont do things like that man. You will find a women out there that accepts you for who you are.
  15. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

It isn't going to happen. It took me a long time to realise it, but I've realised I'm the equivilent of when I see a woman and think 'jesus fucking christ NO!'. And to be honest man, my bar is set low, very low, it's just that I myself on the other end couldn't reach that bar either.

I do honestly believe that I either plug myself or someone else. I guess anyone can come on the net and make statements like that, try and rouse some kudos, shock or mystic about themselves. But I tell you, that's the bare-naked truth about myself, I've got this rage issue about myself that just doesn't seem to be tempered through ethical means.

What really bugs me is that if I ever did do something like that I'd lose so much opinion with people, even close friends would disown me and everyone who ever met me would think I was a shit. That's about the only thing keeping the wolf from the door on that issue.
  16. flclempire

id say ur fine to pass on ur geans, with humans natural selection doesnt have too much to do with sexors.
  17. malift

malift Member

That's really not a good position to be in, Evo. I'm a year younger than you (23) and have never kissed a woman... As far as I know they are not interested in me for many reasons including the way I look, because I have no money and am on disability. I know what it feels like to see everyone else passing over me for the "prime picks" and looking at me as "just a friend."

You really shouldn't go hurting others though. However much you are hurting from being alone... I know that I believe no one deserves to have their sexuality taken from them like that.

This is a point where you are going to have to make a choice about your own morals. Honestly, if you are having thoughts about raping women can you not understand why women might keep their distance from you? I find it hard to imagine someone feeling comfortable and safe enough with you if you are feeling that way.

Since you haven't done anything wrong and these are all just thoughts in your head, I'm not going to condemn you or anything, but seriously put some thought into this. Hurting others because of our own pain is not the way to go.
  18. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I don't believe in any morals, I have no faith in any religion or concept of morality. Life is just a random cruel event it looks like we're just sad results of a roll of a dice, the only real tradgey is we're alive and concious to live through the ordeal.

I'm just gutless to go through with the suicide, I made some real efforts and now the thought of dying actually scares me a little. Now I feel hopelessly trapped.
  19. Henry Krinkle

Henry Krinkle Member

I'm really ugly too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  20. SynchPedro86

SynchPedro86 Guest

Pardon my fucking profanity here, but I hate having to wear glasses. Sometimes they make you look spunky, but not always. They get dirty a lot, and I can't get those stupid contact discs in my eyes so I don't have any other option. And I've got big teeth as well. Bah. :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.