Anyone Else Spending Christmas Alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie74

I will be spending Christmas this year by myself, thanks to Covid. I'm just wondering if anyone else is spending it totally alone for any reason, covid or otherwise?

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Not sure yet. Don't really feel safe getting together with family. Some will be coming from a tent city. Will see how things progress. Would actually prefer spending it alone.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Probably alone here with all of the family sticking to home because of all going on, I would rather them to be safe than sorry and at my age just sit around here relaxing and watching a few Christmas shows.

Dask

Yes. I finally won't have to endure the be of gift giving. Already told my kids I no longer be celebrating Christmas. It is too commercial, all about gifts. Who can buy the most, spend the most. Never liked it from being a kid, still hate it. Hoping I can finally find the courage to make this my last.

cymbele

SF Supporter
I called my brother and invited myself over for Christmas Day. otherwise I would be alone all day. As it is I will only be spending part of the day. But better than being home alone. Christmas Eve I will probably be here with my SF friends.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I will be alone. Was going to Skype with my family Christmas day, but they have informed me they are busy, so I guess we are doing that sometime on the 24th instead. Hopefully will get to talk to my friends. It is what it is.

I don't mind the gift giving part, I really enjoy giving things to people. It isn't about the money or receiving things in return. Heck if I expected things in return from most of the people I give gifts to I would live a life of sore disappointment. I made things for a lot of people this year. I'm sure I'll receive some complaints, oh well.

FFurry

SF Supporter
Even if you're not alone physically, have you ever been alone on the inside? Now that I recall past family gatherings, I was sort of alone this way in a room of people.

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
This year will be my 14th consecutive holiday season alone. Dreading it more each day it gets closer. Haven't broken down and cried yet, but I know I will soon. Planning on leaving my apartment on Christmas Eve to pick up a pizza. Bought parmesan cheese just for the occasion. Looking forward to it because I've had a taste for pizza lately and am trying to do something to treat myself. But at the same time I'm dreading picking up that pizza because of what the act itself really symbolizes. And it's, it's starting to hurt the more I think about it.

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Even if you're not alone physically, have you ever been alone on the inside? Now that I recall past family gatherings, I was sort of alone this way in a room of people.
I know exactly what you mean. I've spent more time alone on the inside around members of my family than at any other times in my life. I never fit in with any of them, I didn't want to be what they wanted me to be, so I became their whipping boy.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I know exactly what you mean. I've spent more time alone on the inside around members of my family than at any other times in my life. I never fit in with any of them, I didn't want to be what they wanted me to be, so I became their whipping boy.
That is the sad part, around family should be where you feel the most welcome and wanted especially around the holidays, I treat mine as such and wish it was that way for you with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00