Anyone Else Windows-Free?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by A.SoNiC.boY, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

Who else has thrown off the shackles, and freed themselves from a life of servitude to an inferior family of Operating Systems?

2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I've had a mac for over 5 years :) but I still have to use windows at work....
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol~ I still use my pc for most things... my mac is specifically for film/audio editing- and I don't wanna clutter it with anything personal.'s pretty...

I'll admit, I hate windows but I'm not ready to 'throw off the shackles' and switch over completely just yet.
  4. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

The Mac for me was a gateway drug... to <3 Linux <3 i prefer Linux at this point but still use my mac for music editing + getting into chat, as the java chat room hates the Linux Java, and i've been unable to find a fix, currently im running BT4 on my netbook, and an older version of Linux Mint, 8 i think, dual booting on my mac. my 1u is going to get centos reinstalled soon enough...
  5. aviewfromchaos

aviewfromchaos Well-Known Member

mac FTW. the OS is farrr superior to windows.
  6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I use Mac, but I've used Windows and Linux (Debian) too.
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Since i'm a gamer at heart, i say Windows rock my socks. Maybe the day Mac gets more than 2 games available for it i might change my mind...
    But yea mac are sure pretty to look at... oh wait... :wink:
  8. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yes, my house is Window free. Your point?

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

His name is "Mac"... i think he might be biased...
  10. nolonger

Haha :tongue:

I'm Windows all the way. Mainly for gaming etc. That and the fact that the government uses it in the schools and stuff. So it'd be a bit hard going on a Mac at home then a Windows at school :laugh:.
  11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I really don't get the windows hate... :huh: To me windows hasnt suck since XP. I can spend all day on my pc without rebooting it. With the ability to customize windows you can make it perform and act like mac if you wish.
    Mac used to have that advantage of looking nice. OS and built wise. But that's not true anymore. I guess mac have good resale price...
    I remember those days where mac ads made fun of pc always coming in "beige" color. Now it seems macs are mostly grey... :dry:
  12. nolonger

Lol yea. These days PC's come in ALL different kinds of variations. I remember a year or 2 ago I saw some computer tower that look like it was the front end of a BMW or something....I'm like "Is that actually ment to look like a car??" :laugh:.

My computer never freezes or anything. And the day that our PC's start freezing or rebooting by themselves is usually the day we've had them for like 5 years and they're clogged with dust/dieing XD.
  13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

To be honest, Alienware is putting Macs to shame. I remember oogling at that sweet sweet mac desktop monitor. Until i laid my eyes on This Beauty. Oh lala... not to mention this behemoth :D If i had that laptop i would be spending all my time at the wifi coffee shop showing off.... lolz
  14. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Of course my Windows 7 is free, you think I would buy stuff? pffft
  15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

How dare you. Do you know the hard work it takes to print that copy of windows 7 into that dvd and put a price tag of $200?
    It's precisely because of people who pirates (that and Twilight fans...) that companies now give less and charge more. Less nougat in snickers bar. Less beef in mcdonald's hamburger. Quality be damned, profit is all that matters! How else can those ceo's afford a Rolex a day? Think of them and adopt a legal copy of windows 7. Only you can make a difference.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.