Anyone else....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by evan d, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evan d

evan d Member

a suvivor of a suicide attempt who feels fucking amazing now that your past it?

Cause I sure as shit do.

A couple months ago I made a long as post about all the crap in my life and the stuff that had happen to me and how depressed I was. Anyway, a couple weeks after writing it I took 96 over the counter sleep aides and 5 diazepan (sp?) with alcohol in my car in some park in the middle of the night. After I passed out a police officer happened by and broke me out of my car. I was told I was resesutated (sp?) in the ambulance. I was unconcious in the ICU for 4 days and afterwards I was transported to the psychward at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth where i was for 38 days.

After I got out of there I was discharged from the navy. I liked the area where I was stationed so i decided to stay here. I quickly got a job (that im insanely in love with) and have an apartment across the street from the beach with a good friend i met in the hospital.

Im loving life right now. got alot of money saved up. just sit around and relax all day with very little stressors. Its kinda eaiser for me cause i dont have a wife or girl friend or kids or anything. I feel so free right now and so powerful. All i gotta worry about is rent and gas and its feels incredible. I can start my life over at anytime. Nothing is so bad to where suicide was a viable option.

Hopefully I dont trigger anyone or stir up anyones shit, but that suicide attempt was the best thing that ever happened to me.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

It's great to see you doing good for yourself now. :) maybe your attempt was a sign or just the kick in the right direction that you needed but...
    for me I would be extremely pissed off if my first attempt failed, hence all this planning I do.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's good to hear that things have turned out for the better. Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to Heaven.
  4. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. I hope the others can find happiness without attempting to suicide first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.