Anyone elses depression keep coming and going?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Soldier83, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

I dont know why, but the depression that I've felt all my life is starting to come and go like a yo-yo. The problem is before this started I knew what to do everyday to pull myself together and get through my day. Now my depression is starting to really affect me. I'm having night sweats, panic attacks, headaches, nausea. Some day's the feeling is completely gone, which has never happened before, but then it comes back so hard all I want to do is look down the business end of a .308. WHAT THE HELL is going on?
  2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I can be fine one day and then totally suicidal the next. I have been "ok" for the last week, but today I am just feeling so so down. I am starting to have panic attacks again, getting migraines really bad too. It's horrible.. Like life is laughing at you by toying with your emotions.
  3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Yes, but just like a yoyo, I have learnt how to master the ups and downs somewhat well. It is only when the string gets in a tangle that things are their worst.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sometimes I can be "Ok", but I'm not sure that I'm ever truly happy. Some days are just a lot worse than others. Sorry that you are feeling this way :hug:
  5. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

yeah that happens to me too . it sucks especially when i get the blues . mine usually goes from ok , to euphoric / all extra happy to straight down the shitters and im really depressed and suicidal then back to euphoric Lol.
  6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

My first thought was are you trying a new medication? If not, it is best to see a doctor to see what can be done to help. My depression has cycles and it can be very frustrating. I hope you feel better soon.

7. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm the same way with mine. I've gone from loving my life, realizing it's a great life and that nothing can ever hurt my life or me. Then I go to bed and when I wake up the next day and just lie in bed and wonder if now's a good time to die. It's just like a rollar coaster, you just go up and down and up and down and after a while it gets tiring....
  8. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

the moments where i can be even halfway happy are few and so very far between

seems like for the last couple of years i hover between being functional and unstressed and crushed under the weight of it all

the hardest part is trying to tough it out without doing anything permanent - come so close but some stubborn part of me hasn't taken that last step

try to remind yourself that the yo-yo will go up
  9. Soldier83

Well i'm not on any medication, I've thought about going to a doctor about my depression. I just dont know how to start something like that. I've been dealing with this my entire life, its only now that things are starting to come to a head.
  10. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I've dealt with depression as well and have never been to a doctor about it, mostly because I'm really scared to see one about something like depression. I don't like talking about my problems, and I also hate the way doctors & shrinks treat people. I don't think I'd be able to feel like a normal person around a doctor.

If you feel really awful however, like you can't deal with what's going on I think that it would be a good idea for you to see one if your'e comfortable enough contacting one. If your religious/spiritual I think that people like pastors, priests, etc. can also be very supportive. Even if you're an agnostic or atheist there are some support groups out there that can help.

Anyways, best of luck. :hug:
  11. letty

letty Banned Member

I have delt with depression seems like all my life..I was given anti-depresents, they use to help. but lately I am like a yo yo.I feel so down but dont know whats causing it, all I want to do is sleep, cry , hide from the fast as it comes , it goes .. its been that way alot for the past 2 months
  12. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

For me yes. Been dealing with it since 14 and I am 28.
  13. Soldier83

yea i'm right there with you
  14. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

In a way reading everyones comments here has been a little comforting. It is good to know that I am not alone with small ups and extreme downs of life. I was beginning to think I had bipolar with the way I havve been feeling over the last few weeks. Its always low low low and then out of the blue for no particular reason I just get an extreme high like someone has injected me with a boost of sugar. Makes me want to run around crazy or just go psycho angry. Then as quick as it comes it goes and leaves me flattened like a pancake wanting to die. I feel like I only have three notches: crazy energetic, angry or depressed and wanting to die.
  15. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

Yep. I was doing very well for a month or two then something happened this afternoon that really pissed me off and I felt like I couldn't control myself. Now I feel myself sinking down again. What's so amazing though is that I've learned to wear the mask of sanity in public at all times. I'm not a violent person by any means, but when I'm by myself, man can I get upset, depressed, and suicidal.
  16. aussiegal

I know what you mean about controlling it in public. Do you find it exhausting tho?
  17. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

It can be exhausting when I'm really depressed or feeling suicidal, but I really hate disrupting the world for my own sake. The way it's affected me, even though I know better I still think that I'm not worth it. When I die, I want to go quickly because I don't want people to make a big deal about it. The more years you keep depression hidden, the easier it gets to hide. It's almost like I have a completely different mode of thinking in public. Sometimes I go around looking depressed though if it gets severe enough. I talk less. I smile less. I laugh less. But people rarely confront me on it and when they do I always just tell them I'm tired.
  18. aussiegal

The tired excuse gets used by me quite often!
  19. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I use that excuse a lot for those who are around me when I'm more down then normal.
  20. valsper

valsper Member

I empathise with the opening poster. I have been going through this for most of my adult life. Im 31 now............................infact I wont bother going through it all........................its here and its here to stay. There is only one way that will ever get rid of it but sadly that way is not really an option as I have a wife and loved ones that I would burden with the pain. My own company was the only way I could manage to get through the dark days but lately ive even started to bore myself with my own company. Just how long can a person live like this? Surely something has to give eventually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.