Anyone elses friends/family not believe you meant it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarulesmenow

Ok so i posted before about my suicide attempt(I took a large number of paracetamol after much planning).I also sent 4 notes out to my 4 best friends to say goodbye.2 of my friends opened their notes too soon, guessed what I was doing and made me go to the hospital.But one of the other friends I sent a note to accidentally let slip to some people at school so there's a few of my friends that know now.
A few days after I got of hospital I went on my msn account to check my emails, and I got a couple of my friends come on and start shouting at me about how I had no need to do something like that and how I was really selfish.And sometimes at school, they talk about it and take the piss,e.g. if i have an argument with someone they say something like"Oh she's going to go and overdose now"and it's just really upsetting.One of my friends even told me that she wouldn't have cared if I had died and that I would have deserved it for being so selfish.
Has anyone else had friends react like this?
I just don't think it's fair, they have no idea what I am going through right now, would I really do that if I didn't mean it?
And my family wern't much better,my mum doesn't believe I have any proper reasons for it either.She didn't ask any questions about why I did it, there was hardly any comfort and sometimes I wish she'd ask if and why I was unhappy so that maybe I could feel she cared for once and get my life sorted.
Anyone else had family members react the same too?
Sorry to rant guys

anarulesmenow

In fact, a couple of days after my attempt, my mum told me that she wished I had gone through with it and she sometimes still says stuff like that.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think they are treating you very unfairly. Maybe you need to find some new understanding friends :blink: sorry to sound harsh , but real friends would have been more supportive and have tried to help you instead of making fun. I hope you are not still feeling suicidal, hang in there hun :arms:

anarulesmenow

Thanks yeah i suppose so I do have a few friends who understand but it does annoy me.
I just dont know how to talk to my parents and tell them I need help.
My best friend, the one I talk to suggested that maybe it would be a good idea to commit myself to hospital but I'm scared to tell my parents as they'll take the piss and they don't understand.
My friend said she would tell them and explain to them if I wanted but I'm still scared of what they'll say and as I suffer from anxiety and inferiority disorders too I'm scared to ask her, even though she offered to ask them.I dunno what to say to her.

Esmeralda

Try not to take what your friends and mom said too seriously. I know it's effed up, but some people, when they get scared or upset just get really, really pissed and say stupid shit. Just know that it's because they are scared for you and not how they actually feel. You are smart and brave to recognize that you need help. Ask for it and hope for the best. That's the best thing you can do to take care of yourself right now.

my family is like that.
sometimes they tell me im not worth living and how i should have just left this world to give them some peace.
the only reason im still here is to piss them off, basically.

but i agree with 'daisychain'
your maytes arent worth it if thats what they say to you.

sorry, love.

Anam_Cara

my family thinks im bluffing and wont do anything, tell me to get off my pity pot or to just go do it that they cant stop me.. or they'll offer such comforting advice that i have no reason to do so, that God can fix all problems... my grandad keeps telling me that ANY problem health wise can be fixed by eating right, sleeping right, and exercising. really helpful that advice is seeing as though i CANT sleep right i have a sleep disorder.. Exercise is excruciatingly painful due to my other physical problems.. :blink: my friends are more supportive and at least listen but my family constantly calls my bluff, makes rude comments and insensitive ones, or even provokes me when i am having bi-polar swings, pokes at me and starts things just when im feeling worst.. so i understand and feel your pain anarulesmenow..

First of all, stop referring to those people as your friends. They sound horrible, and you need them out of your life. You get enough abuse from yourself; you don't need insensitive creeps ridiculing you. As for your parents, they must be worried but they just don't show it. If you don't feel right asking them for help, can you speak with a counselor at school? I take it from your username that you are anorexic...have your folks realized that yet? Sweetie, you need to get help soon. You are young and you can get past the hell that is adolescence and find a good life. You will be loved and cared for, you just have to live long enough and want it bad enough.

God bless you.

Everyone I know is like that. its always that i'm after attention and i'm selfish and why do I want to hurt people etc.
They never seem to realise its not for punishment, it just hurts to be alive.(for me anyway) I dont understand why they think its for attention ... that just hurts more tbh.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Dont know about that but my family always seems to take great pleasure in letting me know how I disturpt their lives with my suicidal thoughts and how inconvienent it is for them when I have attempted.

lilella44

and you call them friends? maybe they do have some good qualities that makes them friends to you but what they've done and said to you regarding your suicide attempt is awful.
no one should EVER make fun of suicide or of a person who has attempted it.
god i'm so sorry sweetie that you have had to put up with that from the people your closest to.
those words are so harsh.
i dont know what advice to give you coz i cant say ive ever been in that situation.
maybe they're taking it out on you coz they're actually really scared for you but dont know how to deal with it. your mum out of all people should be supporting you though.

please be ok =]

darkplace

My parents didnt notice anything at all. Thought i was a perfectly happy child. Until they couldnt wake me up. Na. When you need them the most they never there. Then when you want them to leave you alone they come running.

aoeu

My brother's suicide attempts are a matter of some disagreement in my family...

Some think he meant it.

I don't. Because he told me he looked up the overdose effect of the drugs he was taking, and found they were non-lethal. Manipulative fuck.

Edit: and upon actually looking them up, his research was correct.

Yeah... I understand very well what most of you've been saying. It hurts so much. I'm a pretty social person. I seem happy on the outside, but when I'm away from people, it all comes floating back, and I remember the pain-- or at least the reasons for why I cut myself. Ridiculous, huh? Ridiculous...

My father dosn't think i mean it yet he got a surprise this coming march 2009 or maybe earlier am just being nice and making sure he got enough money when i gone or i would of done it along time ago

anarulesmenow: A few days after I got of hospital I went on my msn account to check my emails, and I got a couple of my friends come on and start shouting at me about how I had no need to do something like that and how I was really selfish.And sometimes at school, they talk about it and take the piss,e.g. if i have an argument with someone they say something like"Oh she's going to go and overdose now"and it's just really upsetting.One of my friends even told me that she wouldn't have cared if I had died and that I would have deserved it for being so selfish.
Has anyone else had friends react like this?
I just don't think it's fair, they have no idea what I am going through right now, would I really do that if I didn't mean it?
And my family wern't much better,my mum doesn't believe I have any proper reasons for it either.She didn't ask any questions about why I did it, there was hardly any comfort and sometimes I wish she'd ask if and why I was unhappy so that maybe I could feel she cared for once and get my life sorted.
Anyone else had family members react the same too?:anarulesmenow
heya sweetie. ive attempted quite alot especially recently. ive only got one close friend who is sticking by me. although she says im stupid for doing it, i know she is doing it coz she cares about me. my parents. well the first time [i was admitted to critical care in november] all my mum said was am i gonna get put in accomadation, becuase they cant cope with not getting rent. thats all they care about. it still is. im jobless. the majority of the time they boot me out and im on the streets, and they want me to maintain my job. so when i jacked it in last week becuase i didnt turn in al week coz i was fucked on pills [not that my parents no] they went mental. im going into ehab beggining of next month and they are just worried about rent money. i love my parents dearly, espec now coz of whats happening to my dad, but i cant take it as much as you. most of my friends have disowned me the moment they found out that i was in a mental hospital [it went round college - when i was there] and now hardly anyone wanna no me. i try and change all the time but ive been arrested 16 times in the last 4 months and been admitted to hospital - countless times. people dont think im taking it seriously. but with each attempt i get closer and closer to death. last time i was in critical care for about 3 days then in an norm ward for bout 7 and then they were trying to detain me again but they said no point. even the hospital staff and police dont think im doing it seriously. my alcohol and drug liason officer and my GP does though. thats why theyve made the police put me on anova curfew - not that im sticking to it.!
ditch the so called friends, you dont need their shit as well as your own. you are much better than them. i hope you can fight your own demons. take care. PM me anytime. Xx Sky xX

hey my mums tried it twice and i wish she had actually died but i dont tell her. i think it would have been easier if she jus taught of a better way to kill herself. she always tries to blackmail my sister and me with 'ohh ill kill myself' if we dont listen to her n shit.

i think killing yourself is jus a selfish

enlighten me y did you overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00