Anyone ever been on anti-depressants which work?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Vorpal, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorpal

Vorpal Member

This is an information thread. We hear a lot of negative things about meds, but they do seem to work for some people.

I'd like to know if you have been on a drugs combo that works for you, if your diagnosis is depression. And if they did work for you in terms of elevating mood, what side-effects did you have to tolerate?

Thanks

--V--

2. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

:unsure: From what I can tell, it's totally individual. We all have different chemical make-up,etc. What works for some, may not work for others. :unsure:

All meds have there up and down sides. Side effects vary from person to person too.

Some meds that I've heard that work from several people are - lamictal (mood stabilizer) and cymbalta.......but some people here may have had very bad experiences with them.

Personally, I"ve never been on a combo of meds that works for an extended amount of time. My depression/bipolar/anxiety is always changing and so my DR's are always changing my meds to keep up. :massbounce: (it's a roller coaster)
    I've been on meds for 15 years. Been on about every one of them.

But maybe some have found some that work long term.

Why do you ask? Are you on meds? Seeking more info about them?

Don't know if that helps........:blink: that's my 2 cents :twocents:

:blink:

3. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

no,and ive tried several since 2004...but seroxat did cure my OCD and social phobia..

4. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Ive tried zoloft(prozac), sertraline, lexapro, efexor and dothep. None of these have work. Ive been told that my depression is NOT a chemical imbalance in the brain but an attitude and outlook on life thing. I think its important to find out which you suffer. Chemical drugs can correct a physical chemical imbalance but that cant change your attitude ive learnt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.