Anyone ever felt alone in a crowded room?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by noone_important, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noone_important

noone_important New Member

:sour: I can sit anywhere and feel all alone. I can be with ppl who are supposed to be friends, and feel like pure crap (mainly cause they rehash my past, like they're perfect!) It doesn't matter how many ppl are around, I feel alone, and I don't always like the feeling. I try not to cry, but it sometimes just happens. Idon't know what to think. BTW, some of you know me as nobody_important in here. Had trouble signing in, so I created a new account.
  2. jnick

jnick Well-Known Member

I think I feel most profoundly alone when in a large group. I have a tendency to push people away and am just obviously disinterested in small talk most of the time, so I guess it comes back around. I've always been sort of a lone wolf with a small tight knit group of friends that I knew were loyal and a girlfriend, etc. Its fairly common to feel this way especially when depressed because you just cannot relate to a room full of happy people. Im also not one to put on a game face to fit in, people please, etc. If you get to know me im very likable. Most of my friends are dead and gone, so I feel detached from other people generally speaking. Its like i am watching all this stuff go on, but it is like I'm looking in on a world that I no longer am a part of.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I tend to feel alone no matter how many people are around. I think the more people that are around, the more alone I feel. So I tend to isolate myself, since i usually feel uncomfortable or awkward in social situations. I can still become nervous around people I've known for decades. So you aren't alone, and I know the feeling well.
  4. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

5. I do all the time :(
  6. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

I think it was Bryan Ferry who sang, "loneliness is a crowded room." Didn't fully understand that when I was a child, but I sure do now.

jnick, I have no energy or inclination for small talk either. I always despised parties or any kind of social gathering. All those people pretending to care and be interested in you, when quite obviously they were not.

Better to be alone and honest with yourself than to be with others and to lie.
  7. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

im alone on a planet of life and at the sametime totally not. tbh, i just havent developed enough to exist as an individual so.. i dont particularly exist.
    But fuck it,
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Almost constantly feel alone in a crowd. At college, with friends, with family. I know it's because I don't invest myself into those around me but it's so hard to do so when your thought processes seem like they are so different than those around you. I don't feel like I can open up and risk being ostracized permanently, so I muddle along in a state of limbo, never being anything to anyone.
  9. My friends at school, try to include me in stuff, but I can tell they only do it because they feel sorry for me. I feel so out of place when I am with them.I feel so alone...
  10. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Every day of my life...
  11. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

I feel alone anywhere with anyone nearby.
    That's because i never feel happy or loved.
  12. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

This is the story of my life. I hate crowds of people. I just want to melt away
  13. Anger is my fuel

Anger is my fuel New Member

I feel loneliness everywhere I am, but it hurts even more when , in a place like restaurants, discotheque, amusement parks..., there are familiar faces and/or people having fun, chit-chatting, or romancing. Then my chest is getting painful and I seek for a hiding place and cry.
    In other public places, I don't really care of being and feeling alone.
  14. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

All the fucking time. I feel like nobody understands me. A lot of the time, I feel like a ghost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.