anyone ever felt like a living zombie?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by WTF???, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTF???

WTF??? New Member

i found out today my girlfriend is cheating on me again and i wasnt suprised.After that my whole day was a blurr and all i could think of was what a failure i am. i walked around and seriously didnt hear, see or feel anything( i felt like a zombie). i just walked around and ended on my bed.i <Mod Edit: methods> but stopped because of the pain. I thought about my son and that made me stop too. But what will happen tomorrow? will i go too far and kill myself. I'm sick of being a failure.:mad::mad: i'm sick <Mod edit: unneeded> !! are there seriously any good women out there anymore.every woman i kno that i thought was a good person has dissapointed me. Seriously i'm gonna kill myself.......I dont wanna be a zombie anymore!!!!!!!!! :faint:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

I definitely feel like a zombie. And I agree that there aren't any nice people available as romantic partners. I think the only thing you can really do is try and figure out something you can do by yourself that you really enjoy so you won't be let down by anyone. It's impossible to find someone who will never let you down because we all have such high expectations of each other.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I haven't felt like a zombie, but I have just lay there in bed with my mind completely blank. No one I speak with about this thinks I am crazy.They say you have to be thinking about something. I am dead serious I don't think about nothing. Maybe it is a defence mechanizam.
  4. WTF???

WTF??? New Member

i am learning this more and more everyday
  5. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend. :hug:

Maybe it would be best for you to be single for a while until you feel more stable to be in a relationship. Focus on taking care of yourself and family right now and worry about women later.
  6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

>>anyone ever felt like a living zombie?<<

I had already assumed that's what we all were. now I'm confused :)
    that would be a "Yes" then, I suppose.

>>I found out today my girlfriend is cheating on me again and I wasnt suprised<<

again? and you weren't surprised? well, if it's again, meaning this is an
    established pattern, I guess not being surprised is fairly reasonable.

>>After that my whole day was a blur and all I could think of was what a failure I am<<

a normal reaction, but grossly exaggerated and completely erroneous. why 'failure'? because
    your girlfriend cheated on you? not fair to yourself, in the scheme of things really.

>>I walked around and seriously didnt hear, see or feel anything( I felt like a zombie).
    I just walked around and ended on my bed<<<

probably a good place to end up. try sleeping on it for awhile, your bed I mean.
    it helps alleviate some of that zombie-ism

>>>will I go too far and kill myself?<<

sounds like a pretty bad idea in general

>>I'm sick of being a failure<<<

if you don't think of it as being a 'failure' but rather as being a human being, part of a large
    highly dysfunctional race of beings, it isn't so gloom and doom. we humans are not always
    faithful to a partner or a spouse. some of us are not entirely clear that being faithful was
    something that was expected of us in the first place. is your GF or by this time hopefully
    EX GF your sons Mom?

>>are there seriously any good women out there anymore<<

probably....what is "GOOD"??

>>every woman I know that I thought was a good person has dissapointed me<<

how many is that?

>>>Seriously I'm gonna kill myself.......I dont wanna be a zombie anymore<<<

what good would that do?
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think that your expectations of women/men are just too high. I think this is partly the reason why I'm still single too. We look for people who are perfect and when they don't live up to our unrealistic standards, we feel disappointed. It's human nature to 'cheat.' Monogamy is actually quite rare in the animal kingdom. Maybe lower your expectations might help? Remember people are just human after all and will make mistakes.
  8. WTF???

WTF??? New Member

Man i dont even know what to say.My views on women just completely changin everyday with what i am seeing.i dont expect alot at all.just a honest guy who ran into some of the worse women. i appreciate evveryone replying and feel a little better after reading.but i still got a long wayy to go.wish there was someone to talk to tho.....cuz jus sittin here alone.. all i can do is slip into this zombie mode all da time and i dont like it
  9. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

unfortunately there are alot of people (men and women) who care more about themselves then their partners and will always hurt and betray those closest to them, but not all people are like this. like all things, the worst of us tend to stand out and give the rest a bad name. don't give up on just yet, but do consider taking some time for yourself before diving into another relationship.

i'm very sorry she betrayed you. there are plenty of people here happy to talk when you have need, myself included. :biggrin:
  10. WTF???

WTF??? New Member

nice to know there are acutally people who care.I must say after re-reading ya'll comments i feel a lot better and alot more confident.

11. sicksadworld

sicksadworld Member

I totally know how you feel by the zombie thing. The thing with your girlfriend is definitely a result of failed expectations and there are a lot of people who fall into that trap. When ultimately you have no control over anyone else there isn’t much you can do but hope for the best and when that simple expectation of trust isn’t met to move onto something else. I know it sounds cliché as hell but there are plenty of fish in the see and for every one that will fuck around and cheat on you there has to be one of those “Happy Fifty Years” kinds of girls.

It isn’t right to let someone like that or something like that affect your mood. You seem alright to me. :cool:

Sure you can feel sad about it but you shouldn't let someone else's actions ultimately decide your fate
  12. ethelred

ethelred Member

At least you have a fucking girlfriend or have had one at least.
    I've had nothing.
  13. Stranger1

Yeah take a one miligram xanax and it will make you feel like a zombie.
  14. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Yes. I got over it though. Too much emotional stress can do that, but your brain acclimates eventually.
  15. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

a milligram doesn't phase me. but then, I have an extremely high tolerance for drugs. lucky me :dry:

I take 4mgs per day divided up into eight doses. barely works. I still
    feel like I'm gonna lose it.
  16. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

it's not crazy at all stranger1. you obviously have a diciplined mind.
    nothing is good. most people, myself included have a million voices in their
    heads all the time. I do anyway. it's particularly weird when trying to
    sleep. I literally have to say "shut up!" and "nah, you're buggin me" and
    things like that out loud to keep my internal mind from badgering me.
    THAT's crazy.
  17. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

oh! I remember THIS thread now :biggrin:

you get shed of that woman yet? prolly a good plan. if ya don't like
    being cheated on. if you didn't mind, you wouldn't have said anything.
    if you are a monogomous type, then that is what you need in a
    signifigant other. there's no black or white on this one.

people with 'open' relationships don't call it 'cheating' this is not
    the case with you. move on, if you haven't. or give her one more
    chance. then, don't KILL yourself if she nukes ya one last time for
    heavens sake. just find a more suitable partner.
  18. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

All the time.
  19. Stranger1

I know how you feel about failed relationships. Everyone I have been with has cheated on me. I use to work all the time to get the things everyone wants out of life. When I was home all I wanted to do was sit down and have a couple of drinks (who are we kidding I would have more like ten or twelve). I always met the women I thought I could have a relationship with in bars. My therapist Gina says I always picked the wrong women because I liked the excitement. I don't know if I beleive that. I think more on the lines that I am just a bad judge of who I am with.~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.