Anyone ever felt like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, I have been feeling really depressed for various reasons. I have had several things that would once uplift me and make me feel better but, none of that seems to work anymore. I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness and never ending hurt. The only thing that lifts my depression is thinking of not being here anymore. Has anyone ever felt this way before?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Many of us have felt like this, depression literally leeches the joy out of everything.
Have you seen anyone about treating the depression?

No, I've never spoken to anyone professionally. It is a fear of mine to do so. I don't know if it will help or make it worse. I've been trying to just make it go away but, there it is every day. I has become a normal thing for me to feel depressed. Everyone around me thinks I'm great and am doing well. They have no idea how torn up I am inside. I am always smiling, laughing and making others feel better. They see me in a completely opposite way of how I feel inside. I could never tell them the truth or have them find out I don't feel like that. I am the LAST person anyone would think is depressed. I hide it well.

mpang123

Alone, I wish you would be honest and true to yourself instead of masking it, pretending that you're fine but you actually aren't. It takes lots of courage to express your true self to others but I know you feel very uncomfortable admitting to them how you feel. Hiding your pain makes you feel worse and I know you have suffered enough. I wish you can relinquish yourself without feeling so self conscious.

mpang123

Alone, I saw your "Thank You" post and I'm glad you're going to try some therapy. At least you're considering help. Hope it will lift your depression.

mpang123, I think I have tried everything and that is the only thing that I haven't. I am hoping and praying it does too....I just want to feel better or at least somewhere close to it...I'll settle for a tenth of the happiness I once knew.

talk to sumone weather it be a friend or not , that is what i try to do as well , i feel uncomfortable as well i trying to talk to any body but it will help , i am in the same place as i type this.

I feel that way everyday...have for years. I've considered suicide an option for over 20 years, but keep putting it off because, for whatever reason, I think something good might happen today...but it never does.

LostInPain

I just don't think I have the strength to go for months and years feeling like this. Time has to improve my feelings or I won't last, that's for sure.

I feel like that all the time, i currently have no reason to live im just basically living off my parents (i feel awful everyday) but i have a lot of mental issues (nothing crazy). I feel joy in thinking about my death cause all my regrets, depressions, failures, hardships, anger, and pain would finally be lifted off me. Cause if i ever do kill myself i will be at peace doing it and not die mad or sad. But i still have a will to live thats why im on here. Cant help you but tell you my feelings since i am in hell currently.

I am like you though, i hide my sadness well and everyone thinks i just have everything perfect and dandy. It makes me even more angry cause im not perfect and everyone expects me to do so good. I never done drugs, never went through fazes, never done any crime, still a virgin, and everyone looks at me as a angel. But honestly i wish i could of just been normal being different and being so mature at a young age caused me to miss out on my childhood and staunted my growth. And if i did normal things normal kids do i wouldnt probably feel suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00