anyone ever get hypersomnia?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Sondenise, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sondenise

Sondenise Member

Basically it's when you oversleep. you may have trouble sleeping at first, but once you do you end up sleeping way too much and wake up feeling tired and like you didn't rest at all. seems to be happening a lot to me lately.

:sleepy:

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah- I'm usually the opposite, but I have gone through spells where I'd just sleep and sleep and sleep and always feel tired.
    I didn't know what the technical term for it was! XD thanks!

-- right now though; I'm in the opposite category. no sleep...ever. 0___0

3. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

yea... that sounds like me, didnt know it was a legit problem tho...
    well at least were not the only ones!

4. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I wish I could get that.

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I sleep 12 hours a day habitually. And I'm still tired.

6. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I alternate between periods of insomnia and hypersomnia, sometimes having both at the same time e.g. struggling to fall asleep, but then sleeping for hours and not being able to wake up when I want to. I've had to strategically set up 6 different alarms to make sure I get up in the mornings, and even then I can sometimes sleep through. Damn you snooze button... :dry:

7. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Like that bit with the alarm clocks,:cool: I need to have them spread out like that, still end up going back to sleep, actually more like hiding.:eek:hmy:

8. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

you prity much just explned what i do i didnt no there was an actual name for it but yea.

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Oh yes i oversleep alot. Since i have a hard time falling asleep i tend to stay up till i start giggling for no reason and then i sleep. Usually more than 12 hours.

10. JigsawJohn

JigsawJohn Well-Known Member

I usually sleep 12 to 14 hours a day, sometimes up to 20 hours, but that's extreme even for me. I feel tired all the time, but it might be due to like a million other mental health issues I have... ugh, it's so frustrating not being able to know what caused what problem... it's all just a tangled up mess I can't sort out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.