Anyone ever pray to die?

Since I would never commit suicide for fear of going to hell in addition to destroying my family, most nights when I cannot sleep, and there are many, I pray that I will die. I mean, seriously as much as I love my family and I have it all, I hate the way I am ‘living’...I swear if I got a disease I wouldn’t even treat it. My autoimmune disease is already killing me in some ways, just not fast enough. Anyone else just waiting for a natural end....

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I went through a period in my life when I did pray to die. I would not end my life for the same reasons as you have. Right now my life is pretty good. I feel pretty good and there are things in life that I enjoy. Perhaps some time in the future you will feel the same way.

Waves

Yes. I pray to die peacefully in my sleep. Only there is no such thing. Well there is an article about how painful death is in our sleep. But I think it is a biased report, to deter suicide.

Pretty much. I always fantasize about dying in my sleep or having an accident that kills me instantly. Every day I tell myself I’m a day closer to my grave. It’s no way to live.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
i have no reason to truly feel the way i really feel, which is yes i wish to die one way or another after whether it be natural or suicide death is just an end, its just a matter of time rather than of morals. well more of in my case i have left around dare i say 50 - 75% self hate. the only problem is i'm one of those ppl who remember every single damn thing they did wrong which constantly haunts my conscience+my paranoia + adhd+ and may be borderline psychosis. if it wasn't for these 4 i rlly wouldn't wish to die.

toomuchreality

I have done that many times. But I always doubt why because it's not likely to happen, I'm physically sick but not on my deathbed. Tonight I wish I was.

Since I would never commit suicide for fear of going to hell in addition to destroying my family, most nights when I cannot sleep, and there are many, I pray that I will die. I mean, seriously as much as I love my family and I have it all, I hate the way I am ‘living’...I swear if I got a disease I wouldn’t even treat it. My autoimmune disease is already killing me in some ways, just not fast enough. Anyone else just waiting for a natural end....
Yes all the time before I sleep!

M...

I prayed to die more times than I would care to count, I would cry, and beg for god to just take my soul.
Though I know we r each destined to die at a specific place and time, I just hoped prayers would speed it up.
I have been doing this since I was 13.
It's as been 5 years so far.
I find it somewhat.. reliving
Prayers are our way of talking to god, and that is always reliving.
I am sorry u had it this hard.
Prayers.

Angel777

Yes , There have been lots of times I’ve asked god to take me home , living in a world that takes and takes , till I can’t function , and gives nothing back causes this

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$355.00
Goal
$255.00