anyone ever recovered from their suicidal feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by asvt, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

Is there anyone here who has ever recovered from their feelings of depression and suicide is the any hope for the rest of us. I just can't see a future for me.

2. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I did. I had 4 previous serious depressions that I got extremely suicidal and over time, I got out of it. During those days, the urges was so strong. it' as if my instinct tells me to self-eliminate. I held on for the sake of my parents although I could not hold on. Each time I was about to do it, I kept thinking of how my mum would live through it. I love her so much and she was on the verge of panic because she didn't know how to help me cos it's in my mind and not physical. I layed in bed for months. Nothing interested me at all and I couldnt even concentrate doing anything. I didn't even want to recover. I just wanted to die. There was no way out for me, I am the problem not other people. My last suicidal episode took me 1 year n 2 months to recover. It happenned 7 years ago. When I recovered from it, I realised how silly was I. It was like I was trapped in a dream. Some kind of trance. But I can still remember the awful feeling as I'm going through major depresion now. No one can understand how I feel. It's not that I want to feel or act this way, I simply feel so awful that I can't explain it. I'm too old to cry infront of my friends or family. I was extremely suicidal two months back. Now I'm still very very depressed but I suddenly feel like I want to get better. You have to hang on and pray to God. I breakdown and cry many times talking to God to help e out of this situation. I really hope he will.

3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I haven't felt like killing myself for about a week now.

I still think a lot about suicide, but I don't think of killing myself. I feel apathetic, but not depressed.
    I fear a relapse but on the overall I suppose I'm better.
    And I remain sure I'll die of suicide ;-/ (unless a fatal accidents occurs instead).

I suppose there is hope.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

as i sit here reading your thread i am waiting fo r things to fall into pl;ace and be rid of my problems. but i had to reply(sorry for th ebad type not doing so well) to be rid of suicide you have to wnat to get better but depression is a terrible thing you want to be better but it won't let you. so i think to be rid of suicide you ahve to be rid of your depression firdt . hope you find what you need.

5. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

even if you were to try and get over your depression what do you move on to. I am socially awkard can't talk to people properly i can't cope with a job and there is just nothing i want from life so why continue and hope for some type of miracle to happen why delay the enevatable.

6. onemorething

onemorething Member

i feel like i will always have these feelings. i want to kill. whether its me or the next guy. it doesn't matter. those feelings combined with depression make suicide a thought that i feel will never go away.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I don't know, but i think that if you can break free even just a little from your depression, your outlook on life is much different too. Usually it is the depression that makes everything look so bleak. If one is able to see life without depression totally clouding your view, things can improve and you will want to improve them. But that's just my thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.