Anyone ever thought this way before?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shogun, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever thought that the longer and longer you put off your plans to commit suicide, the madder and madder God will be with you when you eventually go through with it? (Assuming of course that the whole God, Heaven and eternal ever lasting life thing is all true)

I remember reading a theory somewhere quite recently that stressed that when a mentally ill person takes his/her own life that is down to their mental illness and being mentally ill is not a sin. But what if you've been thinking over and over again for over a couple of years about your plans to take your own life? You can't exactly plead ignorance, you've thought about all the possible trouble you can get into, but you still took your own life anyway.

I suppose I'm alone in thinking this way, my mind does overtime sometimes. I'm hoping that you just cease to exist once you die anyway.

2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

My mind like yours is on overtime a lot, i have never really thought of ending my life as being a sin, i sometimes think it more sinful to stay and make those around me think im doing ok.
    I like you also hope there is nothing when i die, i cant bear to think that there could be any other place to go which may mean i take the thoughts i have especially today with me

i hope you find some help and support hun in your personal fight with depression please take care hugs

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

yeah, my mind won't turn off, keeps on going and haunting me.
    don't think suicide is a sin, its a personal choice , its the difference between your pain and your ability to handle the pain.

i think the longer you think about it and the older you get in a way the more logical and easier it is, you understand the reasons better.

if there is a god then he will understand too i think.

stay safe

4. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I have to admit the last thing on my mind is what is going to happen to my soul, at this moment there is very little room for religion. I'm not a religious person but I believe there is something, something better than the here and now. So if I make it to the pearly gates and St Peter tells me I have to spend some time in purgatory I will say "no thanks I've just come from there".:pope: :angel:

5. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

I am far more concerned with how mad I am with God to care what he thinks of me.

6. SuicideSpork

SuicideSpork Member

Same here. If there is a god, I don't hold out much hope that he isn't an absolute asshole.

7. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

If god openly condemns good people to an eternity in hell, for not believing in him, is not a god worth worshiping.

I mean, if he lets all these terrible things happen in the world, and gives us nothing but a large book saying that it will all get better if you believe in someone who has not shown himself in the last 2000 years, he's either;

1) Non-existent
    2) Stupid
    3) An asshole.

8. masashin

masashin Guest

I choose 1):biggrin:

No really, OP you should actually read the "holy myths, i mean books" (i don't know which religion you follow) and you will feel disgusted, followed by 'heavy' thinking and then you will find out that everything is a "lie"....from "Prophet" muhamed using Hasish to talk to God, to Crazy Jesus. Like many have said: " we don't need gods"..so do what you want with your life:cool:

9. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

Why should he be pissed at us for killing ourselves we should be pissed at him for making life so shitty and cruel he's the sinner not us.

10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I feel so much better having read each and every one of your replies. You all make a ton of sense. It's amazing how you can be so confused until you talk to a bunch of people in the same boat as yourselves, no where else could I do that, but here.

Thanx again. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.