Anyone feel drained by their responsibilities?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Justme3, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justme3

Justme3 Guest

Hi there. Just curious, cause I do. I'm wondering if there are other people here that do aswell, and continue to do thier responsibilities.

For me, I jacked around in school, and am suffereing the after effects of it now. I'm in a situation where all I can do is labor work, and am in a relationship so I need to be working. I have to work, yet i feel more numb and fuzzy in the head everyday. It's pretty bad, it's like day and night are all one and everything just is the same from each day to the next. And I'm getting lost in that. I fight it, I try atleast, but it's a horrible numbing feeling.

I could rambel about it for awhile. Anyone else have similar lifestyles or feelings?

2. prncsusako

prncsusako Member

Yes. I have monotomy during the work week. It is emotionally draining and mind numbing. Work doesn't challenge me in the least.

I get up. Go to work. Try to find a way to keep my mind active or interested. Commute home. Read, watch shows, listen to music and go to bed.

Repeat.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I fully understand these feelings...I support a lot of ppl on my salary and every now and then, I just want to throw the covers over my head and call in 'sick of the pressure'...big hugs, J

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I went down that road. I would tell myself, "staying home don't pay the bills," then get out of bed and get to work.

I hated my brain being so numb.

5. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

It's basically what I do. Can't see it ever getting better, and to be honest I really could careless. :/

Just probably going to work dead-end labor jobs until I retire, get laid off by corporate greedy douchebags multiple times. Don't have great expectations for myself..

But past that I don't have alot of responsibilities, go to work, get paid, buy nesecities for survival, save the rest.

6. Justme3

Justme3 Guest

I don't know what to say. It feels weird being able to relate about it. I know for sure there are millions of people who endure the same feelings,.. just on here, it feels weird to see it I suppose.

The worst thing for me is that I will get so numb that I forget about it, and when I forget, it's like that becomes the normal way of thinking, and Im limited to the scope of that limited way of thinking. Today I was applying for yet another warehouse job. It's a strange momentum of "having to do it" that makes me just apply for these jobs. But at some points during this, like today when i was waiting for the "interview" I felt so much like I used to. I looked around and thought about everything and it's so pathetic. And nothing changes. two years and Im stuck and I feel im loseing to this numbing feeling. I hate it so much, i almost want to smash everything if not cry for the wasted moments. It's funny, pain and misery feels so much more comforting than being numb :S . I feel like im emotionally and mentally solidifying.

I know it's a song, and it's stupid to post them, but, i feel like it. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nineinchnails/everydayisexactlythesame.html

It feels a little better to post, like a burst of light in the darkness. It's just factors that I cannot control take priority to me.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't have many responsibilities anymore, but the ones I do have I tend to procrastinate when it comes down to having to do them..Sometimes it takes me two weeks to build up enough motivation to accomplish just one little thing..

8. Justme3

Justme3 Guest

You know what, good job for building up your motivation and using it. I can relate to taking my sweet time. Like cleaning up or sorting my schooling out or whatever. For some reason everything feels tied together in a long draining .. something. I donno how to describe it. But it takes me forever to do things. I used to care and do them. Then I would procrastinate and care about not doing them. Then just procrastinate, but now, I just don't care that much. I feel like sludge.

I'm thinking real hard about leaving my relationship. I love my gf and her family with all my heart, and want to be with her, but these conditions are harmful for me. Im not progressing, infact I feel like i am regressing. .. i dont know. :S

9. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I dont work or go to school but I have a family so I have responsibility. I do get drained and overwhelmed by them a good bit. Its not always easy being responsible for the dishes, the laundery, picking up toys, bagging up the trash, sweeping the floors, mopping said floors, putting back the furniture covers when someone wools them off, cooking the meals, sceduling and reminding others of their responsibilites, ect, ect, ect. I do have a lot of free time. I can stay up until 4 am and sleep until noon if I choose (my husbands at home too since a disability took him off work permanently). But when I get up its back to the same old same old. I can get lost in the endless supply of dirty socks, dirty plates, unfolded towls, loose toys strung all over the house, reminding my husband he needs to do this or that, making sure my little boy gets his nightly medications, making sure the dogs get fed, the cats get fed, the litter box gets cleaned, the bills get paid, toilet paper gets bought, and all the crap that a person needs to do to keep a household at least simi funtioning...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.