anyone feel like going in a blaze of glory ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by OutCaste, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i do.i would like to do something good for my family...
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

what exactly do you mean?:blink:
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I want no fanfare, no blaze of glory. I wish to slip silently away. I only hope that before I go, I will have at least made a difference in the life of at least one person.
  4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:smile:Gentlelady you have made a difference to my life your support when i first came here helped me find something some where and im still here fighting, so you already have made a difference to one life, but im very sure that there are many here that could say the same.
    I dont want you slipping away i want you fight alongside us, nothing would make me happier than to see you win your battle, you deserve to.

Take care and thank you:smile:
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

well said donethat hun, i don't want anyone going, gentlelady you have so much more to give hun.:hug:

outcaste, what do you mean with a blaze of glory?

stay safe
  6. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Going out with pizzaz appeals to me. I don't know if you can achieve any glory with a suicide.

One thing I think would be kind of a gas is to have an explosive device installed in my head, then go into a crowded place like a food court in a mall, stand next to some snotty uppity looking humans (so that they'd get chunks of skull and whatnot lodged in them) and then detonate. Think of all the humans traumatized! Ha!

A rain of brains and such falls upon the masses and causes them to ponder how stupid existence is.
  7. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Going out in a blaze of glory... sounds like suicide bombing or school shooting. Not good. :sad:
  8. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

To me somehow that seems like it would be selfish. Like, if I was really so sad I wanted to do it why would I want to leave some relic behind?
  9. Undone

Undone Active Member

I do. Not in an actual blaze, but in a very memorable way, yes. I would love to go out in a fight, fighting for the greater good, or saving someone's life.

Since my life is not memorable I need my death to be.
  10. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

yeah gentlelady you're def one of the kindest, most helpful and honest members! Be proud! But don't go we like you :hug:
    and no I used to want to make an impression through suicide but If it came to that I would want to die alone, quietly.
  11. aeommai

aeommai Active Member

I feel like that, but around now, I don't think I made any positive difference!

what do you mean by "blaze of glory"
  12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

When you say blaze of glory I think of it like a movie. It would be in slow motion and my favorite song would play and it would be romantic and a big deal. It would be. But I doubt that it's like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.