Anyone feel like me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dosbatchfile, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dosbatchfile

dosbatchfile New Member

I'm not in crisis, I'm not emotional, I'm not in a state of despair but I have made a rational, reasoned and balanced decision that it is time to say goodbye. I am not scared and I am not alone however I feel that my time on earth has come to its natural conclusion. I'm 37 and I've just had enough, life has nothing more to offer me and there is no doubt that the people around me would be better off without me, am I alone in feeling like this?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Why do you feel like it's time for your life to end? Your only 37 (10 years older than me). If your not going through a crisis, then why commit suicide? There must be a reason why you want to end your life.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Dosbatchfile,
    I don't understand, you aren't depressed, anxous, mood swings, irrational thinking, and more. Why would you want to commit? Sounds to me like you have everything going for you. Are you alone? Is that part of it?
    Being here on the forum you aren't alone you have several people who care, you need to give us more info on what has you down?:chopper:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't understand what's making you feel so down that you want to commit suicide? I'm sure that venting here will release some of the tension a least and maybe make you reconsider your decision. Please don't harm yourself. I am here if you need to talk :hug:
  5. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Oooo, I'm glad I saw this one. To answer your question; nope. Been looking around for someone slightly similiar to me. There's no crisis, no emotions, I'm pretty well off, no very well off actually... in all aspects really... I just feel... uhm, done? I have begun developing a little theory about this phenomenon, nothing grand really and it's mostly loose thoughts atm. Throw me a pm if you'd like me to share it with you, and theories aside I don't think there must be a reason for wanting to die, just as there mustn't be a reason for any other thing we decide to do... it's just somehow expected for a healthy human who have all its needs met to want to live. I believe there are many in the suicide-statistics who have your mindset, but naturally extremely few of them will be found on this sort of forum.

Although, if I'm going to nitpick - you say that there's no doubt people around you would be better off without you - that could be interpreterred as a hint that you feel unneeded, unappreciated. However that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.
  6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Cute but you're 1) incomplete, 2) irrational 3) fairly transparent (to me).

Incomplete because there's something you're holding back (i.e. "people would be better off" reasoning).

Irrational because "life has nothing more to offer me." Bullshit. Sorry to use language on a newbie, but come on man. Make sense. Don't just use us.

And irrational that you would even make this post, ok? I mean, you're more than welcome to and people will defend that, but you don't really fool me. You're using this forum for something that you'e not entirely disclosing.

If you sense I'm a little pissed, you're not far off. You have people here genuinely HURTING and you've the nerve to come here for, for what - a survery? Call again, now.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

A little tough love never hurt, eh John?
  8. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Well Dave look if we just coninually baby people and grant unqualified acceptance of any reason or no reason, how is that better?

Anyway - morning to you, friend. :shake:

When this "Dosbatch" makes another post, I'll be interested. Some people are troubled, sure. But others USE us as some, some fucked up sounding board, and I don't much appreciate that.
  9. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Most people find anothers person pain funny or even dare I say pleasurable.

I don't know if this guy is serious in his complaints. Don't take life having for granted. Wether it be having financial security, family and friends(others who truly care about you) a partner(or the prospect of finding one), good health.

This may sound a bit werid but on conan o brien they have a segment with this guy who is like " I have no reason to live". it's some really ridiculous reason.. Like the guy thinks some county is the fasting growing one and it's this other one, so he pretends to kill himself.. Then he has to sit in the back and he's like well now theres no reason to live as well, and does it again. Then finally conan is like u have to leave and stop pretending to kill yourself and he's like we'll no theres no reason to live, and does it again. First it was a kayak down a mountain, a bike off a bridge, then finally a train falling off a cliff and exploding. All cut scenes off other footage.

I don't think jokes about suicide should be there really, but when it's something far fetched like a totally absurd(and obviously fake) reason like on conan o brian it doesn't bother me.

Most people go through life looking for reasons to be pissed off when in reality they're blessed in so many ways. You should start trying to be grateful for all that you do have.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know if he is serious or not, it's not my place to judge him. From what I have read I think if anything he is on the wrong forum. You know if my memory recalls correctly I was told everyone is welcome here. Just don't read his posts, eventually he will look elsewhere. I am not defending him. I'm just not taking sides. If he is for real it could be just the negative thought he needs to commit.
  11. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Cannot go along with as "most" assumuption. I sure don't.

Stranger (most) everyone is "welccomed"';[/] I'm just rquesting a reasoned, or any kind of insightul. Anything to make sense. See, then I'm onboard with seeing him as needing or wanting help.

12. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Makes sense. In fact, it sounds reasonably close to what I experienced at one time: a metaphysical sense that death was the proper course....Okay, it still is in fact the way I feel, but a sense of personal responsibility has overridden me taking any action on this, at least for the present.

How on earth can you know that your life has reached its "natural conclusion?" Of course, not believing in natural conclusions of any sort I suppose I'd be skeptical whatever you say, but since you seem to have given the matter some thought, perhaps you could enlighten me? At least as it relates to your case?

Pretty much how I feel.

They would? Why? "No doubt," none at all? How can you know this with any certainty?

Not alone, no. But youre take on feelings of suicide seems more metaphysical than situtational. Which seems to be something of a minority viewpoint both in society generally and at this site.
  13. NikkiDawn

NikkiDawn New Member

I'm having some similar problems. I've had a really tough life; I recognize that. I've had counselling, I've dealt. Now all of a sudden, when my life is right, I'm successful, making money, in love, getting promotions, now is when it occurs to me that nothing I do has a point. Nothing anyone does has a point except to help others. Am I the only one that sees that as depressingly redundant? When were gone, we won't regret, be sad about leaving. It will be a release from the drudgery, difficulty, waiting, hunger, thirst, material desire, everything that I used to consider normal. Now these things just seem to be making me miserable and prolonging my existence which I cannot seem to justify. I have an IQ of 182, am 20 years old, beautiful (I've been told), and working in management in the government already. Why can't I find some reason that seems worth this endless life? Why should my accomplishments mean anything? When I go I won't care, so why bother?
  14. NikkiDawn

NikkiDawn New Member

If humanity weren't in existence, would the universe suffer? I don't think so, so logically, there is no reason for any of us to continue suffering. Please help me! every moment I get closer to losing all hope that I'm wrong and there is a reason.
  15. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I agree, but that defect is easy enough to remedy: all he has to do is tell us more.

He/she is no more or less rational than most at this site.

LOL. Pot, meet kettle.

Perhaps they would, perhaps they would not. Neither you nor I know at this point.

Now you're the one being irrational. You're projecting your own beliefs on someone else, spewing a sort of procrustean sensibility that everyone who fails to think as you do is somehow not rational.

I would submit that to this point s/he is more rational than you are, if as you noted, . And so far as I can tell s/he is not "using" anyone.

Yep, you can read minds, now. Wonderful. :rolleyes:

Actually I think you're a bit frightened. (Fuck it, if you can read minds, why so can I. :rolleyes: ) What you should be doing is asking him to detail the reasoning that brought him to this point. But, nope. Instead you start screeching. Sounds like fear to me. That maybe deep down you think he may be right?

Suicidality takes a wide range of forms, even clinicians acknoweldge this. (c.f. the chapter on suicide in The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression for a very accessible overview) It is quite revealing that you are seemingly unaware of this fact, or that a sort of metaphysical exhaustion can on occasion be a legitimate form of such.

As opposed to the nerve shown by someone who seems to get their jollies playing amateur psychologist? And seemingly lacks the background even for this?

Let's see how you like being on the receiving end of some armchair psychology: Yup, he struck a nerve with you. And you react with shrill ad hominem, rather than take a step back and review what might be giving you problems.

Granted I've got no more background to do this than you do, I'd wager, but I can't imagine you enjoy being on the receiving end of it anywhere near as much as you seem to enjoy dishing it out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.