Anyone find looking through facebook depressing?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Poirot, Jun 11, 2009.

?

1. yes

34 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poirot

Poirot Guest

i do :(

2. ZERO2008

ZERO2008 Well-Known Member

yea looking at all the people who are pretty and happy when im the opposite of both

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah it's a bit of a joke:tongue:. i actually found an old friend on there :biggrin: god he looks such a wanker with sunglasses, tie, blazer and shirt. dunno what that was about but it was funny to see those white rimmed sunglasses and the pose

4. pandamonium

pandamonium Well-Known Member

I've browsed other peoples accounts and it always makes me feel like shit. Everyone is successful, happy and if they don't bother keeping in touch with me via other means, they are not worth the effort. I will never open an account there, myspace, twitter, or any other social networking sites.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think all social networking sites are depressing.

6. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

yes.. i just never know what to say when friends ask me how ive been doing for the last few years when i catch up with them knowing that im going through the mental health system round here just in case they dont want anything to do with me

7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

It's depressing... Because I always see those who bullied me there.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yeah everyone looks so happy and like they have friends.
    Also a lot of people don't respond to me which makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with me?

I also get sad because my ex insists that we remain "friends" and so whenever I delete her she adds me back and I feel compelled to look at her pictures/videos/etc. I can't help but add her back and become her "friend" again. When I said friend I meant friends in real life as well even though she's a piece of shit friend.

9. Jemi200

Jemi200 Well-Known Member

I like to laugh at how hard people there try to be cool.

Old high school friends smoking weed all the time, other girls with pics of them grabbig people's penises, dumb crap.

It just reminds me of how much better moraly I am than them.

10. bluedays

bluedays Well-Known Member

Yes! Everyone I know is so happy and so normal, and I am so broken. It just makes it harder.

11. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah, I found some childhood friends the other day, looked through their pictures. It was sad because they were a big part of the good years. Before everything went downhill.
    Also kinda nice to reminisce though. They seem to have big groups of friends and fairly normal lives compared to mine, I'm genuinely happy for them. It was bittersweet.

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It depresses me because I haven't figured out how to navigate it..I feel useless because my friends post on my wall all the time and I have a hard time figuring it out..

13. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

it's kinda depressing how all the jerks get all chicks. makes you wonder.

14. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Yeah because I envy all of the people on facebook.

15. ZERO2008

ZERO2008 Well-Known Member

tbh i hope someone hacks there website same with bebo myspace or w,e else there is

16. Oni

Oni Active Member

I don't really find it depressing. As in a way, I've accepted that I'll never be like them... and to add with it, I don't want to be like them.

But that's someone speaking, who is in the alternative scene and just doing his own thing...

In a way, I can relate to people who find it depressing. As everybody is trying to find happiness and luck and you just see it on other people, or so you think :)

A reason why I don't find it that depressing, and perhaps even a good thought for anyone who does find it depressing; An ex-gf of mine, is on a similar profile website, and by time we drifted apart and she became the more normal/casual type and I just stayed the odd guy with a mohawk and facial piercings. From stuff like that I can accept that people that are on there, and are happy, just doing their thing. Who actually says they are happy living their life that way?

17. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Oh God yeah I hate it. I sometimes find myself searching old school friends profiles or people I have come across at whatever point in my life, and as I search further and further and look at more and more pictures, I sink further and further into depression.
    Now I just avoid their pages like the plague.

18. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Even if they aren't genuinely 100% happy with their lives... they're making a damn good show of it!!

I get told a lot not to envy other people because everybody has their crap and their own stuff going on.
    But I ask, why do I have so much more crap going on than everybody else??

I'm pretty sure I'd swap for most of their crap before sticking with mine...

19. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I don't know, I'm kinda glad all my "friends" have seemingly good lives.

20. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

These people are not as happy as they seem. Usually they are trying to overcompensate insecurity about something. Ive talked to people from facebook before and they seemed pretty fake, overexagerated stories and such. To me it seems like a popularity contest, and they are always depressing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.