anyone get embarassed in counselling?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by downunder, Nov 25, 2008.

1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I am seeing a shrink through work for grief issues, one day she noticed I had lost weight, so now she is constantly asking quesitons about it, I get quite embarassed and go red in the face talking about it. I am not ready to deal with it and wish she would give it a rest. She even sent me off for blood test and she wants me to put on 5kg. I think I am already in the low range of the healthy weight range.

2. jam1e

jam1e Guest

God yes! Mainly when she talks about sex! I have no idea why though:blink:

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Goood Lord yes , you can bet on it. Last one i had to fire her as she didnt get the point that she was triggering me to the point i wanted to just at her troat. That has been my last attempt with therapist. When you state that the matter discuss you arent ready to go into it, that should be respected period. Each has its timing to open up. We are not made of a same mold beeegeezezzzzzz

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

One thing you need to remember is that they are non-judgemental people and their relationship with you is strictly a professional relationship rather than a friendship. You can tell them anything and they will only try to help you.

I made the mistake of being embarrassed around my counselor/therapist and I couldn't get the help I needed from them.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

All the time. There are tons of things I don't want to tell her, but I end up telling her them anyhow.

6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Embarrassed enough to not go in the first place.

7. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I get embarrassed too often in counselling, it really doesn't help when someone is trying to get you to open up :unsure:

8. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

I went to the school counciller before, i felt really stupid and i started crying.
    Snot running down my face Eww.

9. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I can talk just about anything except my eating habits. But she is thin herself. I am tempted to ask how much she weighs. She even has a set of scales in her office, thank goodness she has never asked me to weigh myself on them.

I know that it is professional, and that she has heard of much weirder people doing much weirder things than I could ever say.

She has never talked to me about sex, thank goodness that would be emabarrasing. If she ever asked me how my sex life was, I would say, fine thanx hows yours.

10. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

I dont get embarassed in councilling more annoyed 2bh cause they ask the same stupid quesions oh and they ask silly questions aswell, ones that they already know the answer to be just want me to say it to fill some time up!!!!!