anyone has chronic pain here?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by radiantstar, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radiantstar

radiantstar New Member

this is the main reason of my depression, although even prior to that i've had depression and anxiety. i think my depression is due to chemical inbalance becouse i've never been a happy person as long as i can remember. always very melancholic or anxious. but ever since i got chronic pain, especially in areas like head which are extremelly hard to handle i often feel like i just can't handle anymore. i just don't know what to do, how to cope. anyone has the same problem?..

2. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I know how bad pain can wear you down. Bad arthritis caused me to get a hip and a knee replaced at 42 yrs of age. Pain can make you feel so helpless and then you can slip into depression. At least I did.

3. radiantstar

radiantstar New Member

I did as well. I was actually handling it quiet well when I had the constant burning pain in my left leg and arm which wasn't allowing me to sleep almost every night, I actually was fine, but when the pain appeared in neck and head and was 24/7 I just couldn't take it anymore. I started to have horrible anxiety, depression, panic attacks, depersonalization, the list goes on. and even though I've managed to keep myself somewhat sane the pain just doesn't let me live anymore, it makes it hard to think. specifically the constant head pan, it drives me insane. i guess the recent break-up and staying alone just made it worse. i turned 25 only a month ago, but have been already thru so much pain which seems to be getting worse becouse a year ago i didn't know what headache really is but now it's almost 24/7. i really don't know how much more i'll be able to hold like this. painkillers don't really work. i wonder how to cope. i really don't know..

4. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

5. radiantstar

radiantstar New Member

those aren't always migranes though, becouse they're 24/7, migranes don't last that long, although it does send me into a migrane sometimes :/

6. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I have arthritis and its very painful.
    Having suicide attempts my past they will not give me anything to really strong enough knock out the pain.
    For migraines, try sitting a a dark, quiet room for awhile. It works!
    Hope your doing better soon.

7. radiantstar

radiantstar New Member

thanks for your advice..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.