Anyone has their depression in remission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicesinging1

I have been battling my severe chronic depression for 10 yrs now. Looking back it was nothing but a war, so torturous. I really hoped I could overcome it within 10 yrs. Sadly, I couldn't and am still struggling. Recently, I was so frustrated and distraught about the fact that I lost all my motivation.
I just have a question regarding remission in depression. Does anyone have their depression in remission for long-term, at least 5 yrs? If depression goes into remission, how long does it usually last?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

-Hank-

liveinhope

depression for me comes and goes but the degree does vary quite dramatically at times, changing from it being manageable to becoming suicidal, i have been like this for 4 years for various reasons , im wondering if you see a therapist , i used to think it was not an answer but have recently changed my view as i have to a degree forced myself to talk to her and some sessions do bring a kind of relief. Depression is a terrible thing and one people dont always understand especially those around you happy to chat anytime please tc

G

ggg456

I haven't been depressed (severely) for 4 months.

As for how long does it last- I think that's very personal and depends on so many factors. How is your support, in terms of friends, housing, counselling, therapy etc? Those things mean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00