Anyone have a Desmond experience?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Øyvind, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Seriously, the writers of LOST are stalking me!

I got out of the hospital in January just in time to see the LOST episode "The Constant", and I swear, everything Desmond was yelling when he returned from his first time trip is an exact transcript of what I was yelling at the doc when I woke up after an OD, having been out for 3 days.

They must really have done their research on disorientation.

So I wake up, not exactly where I expect to wake up, in a place I have no memory of, being trapped in this bed with "fences" on the sides, having this creepy doctor (Doc Ray anyone?) staring at me like I've just done something horrible, like raped and killed a lot of people.

Since I had no "last thing I did" memory, I totally freaked out, wondering what kinda paranormal magic conspiracy was going on. I ask (or yell) "where am I, who are you, what am I doing here etc", he doesn't answer (worst doc ever!) Just stares at me. I start to get violent, trying to get out of the bed, people come in and push me back down. I try to attack them, roaring so the whole hospital can hear me, "I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! LET GO OF ME! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?! etc"

No one ever tells me anything, just tells me to lie down. I pass out. Wake up. Repeat the whole thing. pass out. Wake up, try to escape, the "wire" thingies are ripped out, blood pours out of me :biggrin: .

Only when I finally saw my mother, my constant, did I start to calm down and start thinking that "Hey, I'm still Øyvind, maybe there is a semi-rational explaination to this madness.

So I can't describe it with words, but being that disoriented is not very fun.

I have no idea why I'm writing this, just thought it'd be a fun thing to mention, as I was shocked when I watched The Constant for the first time.An episode which, by the way, is the best moment in television history.

I didn't sleep at all tonight, so I'm a bit weird, that's probably why I'm writing this :biggrin:
    I recommend everyone to watch The Constant, even people who hate LOST will love it!

:cool:
    Øyvind out

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. KennethJones

KennethJones Member

Very interesting experience you had there. And I have seen that episodes. It was probably my favorite episode last season.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.