Anyone here dreams every night?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by the_farewell_kid, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_farewell_kid

the_farewell_kid Well-Known Member

I know a human dreams every night but during summer 2008, I used to sleep and wake up in the morning as if I haven't dreamed. But since around the time I stopped taking an antipsychotic medication called Risperdal, I started to recall my dreams every night so it makes it seem like I dream every night and I happen to have weird random dreams, sometimes scary. I wake up after each sequence of dreams, if I remember. My actual intention that I'm posting this thread is to know if there is anyone here who dreams every night (if you recall your dreams every night), and if you wake up after some sequences of dream. And does it annoy you to recall your dreams every night? ...because I'm deeply annoyed with that. I want to find a way to forget about my dreams, to make it seem as if I haven't dreamed.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I dream every night, all night long, one big dream. I've stopped recalling the specifics of late... I generally like to recall dreams, so I should probably pay more attention... Though nightmares have been showing up, too.

To forget dreams, as soon as you wake up, do something that doesn't let you think. Have a conversation with someone or play a video game or something.

3. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

Thing is, I usually remember, at least partially, whatever I dreamed that night unless I have to get up damn quickly for some reason (i.e, being late for college) or I was extremely tired when I fell asleep.

That being said, if the night has been productive, I may remember it all as one big dream, different scenes of a dream, different dreams, or whatever. Sometimes there's just a too damn big difference between one dream and the other, no matter how F.ING RANDOM they can be.

4. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

don't worry, these vivid dreams will end after a few weeks. The medications changes the chemicals in your brains leading to various side effects including such dreams. I experienced them during my past major depressive episode. The dreams that you experience are probably very crazy and maybe even very very real. This happens when our mind is severely disturb or is withdrawing from brain chemical- altering medication. Fact - it may even happen if you take these medication. BUT be rest assured that it will slowly subside as your brain slowly re-adjusts back to it's chemical equilibrium.

5. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

It would be nice if you could think of your dreams as "trips" that you are taking, to some fantastic places. The waking world that we live in is so dreary and mundane that you ought to see your dreams as a fantastic escape. I realize that some dreams are painful to endure, but you at least get to experience alternate realities from this one, and that is a pretty exciting thing.

6. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

Amen brother/sister :cool:

7. A Box of Chocolates

A Box of Chocolates Active Member

Whenever I smoke cannabis before I sleep I dream vividly. I've had the tightest dreams ever and not remebered them,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.