anyone here over 40

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamesbond, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

just a reminder, i'm 47, a loner. mother and brother commited suicide when i was a kid.
  2. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

check your mail please
  3. dumdumgurl

dumdumgurl Well-Known Member

yup but i won't be here for long.
  4. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

not quite yet - but I'm 32 - which is closer to 40's than a lot of the teens on here. Anyone with "antiquities Friend" in their title is over 30 (but you have to ask the mod of hte Antiquities Frieinds forum to put that in your title - so not everyone over 30 has it).
  5. hwynym

hwynym Guest

I am 46 - but if someone puts "Antiquities" anywhere near my profile, it will make me more depressed...really, ageism is one thing, but calling anyone over 30 an antique? That's just downright mean!
  6. immure

immure Account Closed

i m 30 with some life experiences that mark my marurity i would like to believe pretty high. for it was mature or die holding on to young idealistic dreams that where uterly destroyed.
  7. roro

roro Well-Known Member

43 here
  8. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I'm 43. Feels weird to reach this age and be in the situation I'm in. I would have thought I would be with someone by now. With people to support, a reason to get up and go to work in the morning. But no, nothing, no friends, no family. So yeah, I end up here once in a while. Who knows what will happen? But I'm down again.
  9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Les long time no see :hug: and yeah I'm another old fart :eek:ld: ....sans beard cos not a fella:laugh:
  10. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

well, dangit i'm close. i'm 37, and btw i'm really sorry to hear about your mother and brother. i'm sorry you had to go through that. my hope and prayer is that you won't let that be your fate as well. please hang in there and keep talkin' with us. we'll do the best we can to help. take care
  11. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I'm 47. I think I'll make 48, but 50 appears unlikely. Don't think I'll make it that far.
  12. mike308

mike308 Well-Known Member

51 a couple of days ago... don't mind the age... act 18:cool:
    but in my heart, I am just a wanderer in strange place and a strange time.
    Time has passed me by,left me wondering what the furture holds.
    looking at old scars and wounds, getting closer to death every day..
    Hey what the Fuck, Like a vietnam vet told me one time
    """It don't mean nothing""""
  13. jamesbond

feeling really bad. drove by my former girl friends house. she lives with someone these days. i wish it were me. cryed really hard. all i have in my life are my solitary hobbies; writing my waste of time screenplays. stuff like that. incredibly lonely.

my only comfort is knowing i'll be dead someday. whether by natural cause's or otherwise. my depression is getting worse all the time. not better
  14. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm 44, no family, but a couple good friends. I go to support groups and this site often. It's all I can do to stay alive.
  15. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

I'm 52. Some days I feel 152, other days I feel like a kid. Would I like to be 'young' again?-hell no. Did I expect to live this long?-no. But for some reason, I have. My parents only started to enjoy life in their mid-fifties, then had a ball for 35 more years. Most of the older people I know look & feel better than they did in their 30's & 40's. Age confers certain benefits, if one choses to use them.
  16. jamesbond

holidays are on the move toward us. this will be the most painful holiday season of my life. already dreading it. like always i will spend thanksgiving and christmas at dennys alone. i'm sure other lonely people like me will be suffering.
  17. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

James if you are really dreading it, have you thought of offering your services to a homeless shelter for the day?
    Over here in the UK we have dinners given out over christmas to the homeless. I did it one Christmas and it was one of the best Christmas's ever.
    Gotta be better than sitting at home on your
  18. jamesbond

not a bad idea but i am also immobile a great deal of the time because of the debilitating despair. bad cycle
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  19. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

43, here.
  20. JustWatchMeChange

JustWatchMeChange Well-Known Member

47 year old male from Florida. Ya, I dressed up like Santa and handed out gifts at the Children's home. It was great. Maybe if ya go to Denny's you could look for someone else sitting alone. Ask if you could join them, or just try to sit close by. I hate holidays cause my X always has the kids half of the day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.