Anyone here suffering from blepharitis?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Arnold Lee, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Arnold Lee

Arnold Lee New Member

Blepharitis is infection to your eyes and eyelids.
    I have been suffering from blepharitis for close to a 1 year.
    Blepharitis conditions vary from person to person, but to me it has become a death sentence.

I have red and irritated eyes and feel irritated the entire time. I can't focus on reading things for more than 30 seconds. I feel very dizzy entire time and it makes it very difficult to concentrate on anything.
    Most importantly, my eyesights have been getting worse like there's no tomorrow for the last few months. The vision decrease is so fast, that I literally have some kind of vision loss every week or two.
    When I go see a doctor, they just say that vision decrease is not that big and keeps telling me useless things like use eyedrops and other ointments but nothing worked so far.

Blepharitis is like a curse. It just doesn't allow you to live life normally and I don't know how long I can hold on like this. I tried so many different methods to treat my eyes, but nothing works. If anything, I think some of them may have led to my vision decrease.
    I feel like I'm at the end of the road. My life has been absolutely miserable since I contacted blepharitis.
    I always wanted to get LASIK surgery but I can't do that because I have blepharitis. Only solution to this seems like killing myself, but I just don't think I'm ready yet.
    I just want to know if anyone else here has blepharitis? And how do you manage to live your life with it?

2. a_andrews

a_andrews Member

I am an Optician. I can agree that Bleph is a nasty thing to have to deal with on an ongoing basis! I hope you have been made aware of this already BUT you have lots of things you can do to ensure you don't have frequent flare ups - warm compresses, regular use of moisturizing eye drops, if you have allergies - taking regular antihistamines and of course, going to see your eye dr as soon as you feel any symptoms coming on. If you ensure that you take these steps, you will find resolve. Stay on top of your eye health and you will SEE (pun intended) that dealing with blepharitis is manageable (annoying, yes, but manageable)!