Anyone hypersensitive to all meds?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by bluegrey, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have in order of severity OCD, GAD and major depression. I'm on Paxil, 2mg Abilify, Valium and 50mg Seroquel for sleep. I'm only on 40mg Paxil for OCD because any more was giving me nightmares so vivid I occasionally woke up on the floor or screamed myself awake. I was put on 7mg Abilify for my OCD but had to go to a baby dose because it worsened my depression and erased my awareness and concentration.

Before trying Abilify I was given 20mg Geodone (sp?). I slurred my speech, felt intense depression, my blood pressure plummeted and I had to sleep it off. My friend with OCD is on 160mg which would probably (hopefully) kill me. I'm on a fairly small amount (all my body seems to tolerate) of Valium for my GAD and stress induced muscle spasms. The 50mg of Seroquel makes me feel as if I drank a bathtub of vodka.

I'm an underweight male 5'10" 128lbs which I assume has some bearing on my sensitivity but my Mother is 5'1" approx 110lbs, schizoid affective and has no problem tolerating 300mg Seroquel daily. I do however tolerate one to three drinks (not a good idea with my meds and virtually all my relatives ex or active alcoholics) with no unusual degree of inebriation. Caffeine also makes me feel like I'm going bananas and ruins my sleep.

Anyone else similarly sensitive?

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

this is why i don't take medication because i can't physically/mentally cope with it.