Anyone interested in human rights activism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TG123

If you want to help people who are being oppressed and degraded and denied their human rights all over the world but don't have the means to go anywhere and are feeling frustrated about not being able to do anything, check out these websites:

Amnesty International amnesty.org

Human Rights Watch hrw.org

There are a lot of things you can do from your computer, like writing letters, signing petitions, informing others and working in other ways to defend human rights. It's not a lot and the 'success rate' is something like 30% but it's better than doing nothing.

When I am feeling depressed and useless often what helps me is being able to help someone out who is going through worse things than I am.

Actually I believe we should do out best to help people all the time and as a Christian I also believe that it is an expectation from God but maybe let's not have a theological discussion here...

... but if you are interested in helping others and have some time on your hands and access to a computer, I recommend checking these sites out.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Have been a member of Amnesty for years and please anyone with the time please join we need all the support possible.

TG123

Have been a member of Amnesty for years and please anyone with the time please join we need all the support possible.
Have u heard about the most recent war between Ethiopia and Somalia that is unfolding? Isn't it horrific?

These poor people have suffered so much already, I pray that the idiots with the guns from all sides and their backers end this evil and satanic conflict.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Wow you two are such nice people, you really do make me feel ashamed of myself. Guess I'll just have to join up too then.

I'd also like to recommend a really good book called "50 facts that should change the world" by Jessica Williams, it has chapters like "China has 44 million missing women" and "There are 300,000 child soldiers fighting in conflicts around the world". It's stuff we probably don't want to know but stuff that we probably should know anyway. What is good about the book is that instead of thinking 'pretty depressing, but there's nowt I can do about it' it actually tells what you can do about it at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

TG123

Ziggy!!!!

Wassup man???!!! Awesome to hear from you again!!!

I'm not sure who the 2nd nice person other than Devastated is who you mention, but I'm so glad to hear from you and awesome how your'e interested in getting involved! I have seen the book you mentioned but haven't read all of it, but agree with you that the main point is to make a change instead of being gloomy with how things are.

One of my fave quotes is 'it is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness', it's the motto of Amnesty International although it was said by someone in Ancient China to the best of my knowledge.

Glad to hear from you and God bless you!

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00