Anyone know about Lexapro (escitalopram)?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by nicesinging1, Feb 27, 2007.

1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

After meeting with psychiatrist last Thursday, I finally decided to take anti-depressants. There were so many meds to choose from and my psychiatrist who also happens to be an MD prescribed lexapro as a starter. Luckily, my student insurance covered all expenses and I didn't have to pay a single penny.
    Since last Friday, following instructions, I have been taking 1 tablet per day. I will be taking same amount for the first 2 weeks and then increase dosage to 2 tablets per day in the following 2 weeks. And I am expecting to see the psychiatrist in 4 weeks to evaluate the progress.
    So far, I don't feel much side effects except drowsiness, very few dizziness. I know it will take at least 3-4 weeks for it to take its full effect. So far, I haven't felt any dramatic changes in my feelings. I still feel depressed, down often.
    Has anyone here have taken lexapro? If yes, what has your experience been like? Could you offer me advice on what to expect from this med.?
    Thanks in advance for any insights.

2. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

I love it. My first try with an antidepressant and it has worked very well for me.

3. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

I've been taking it since early December. 10mg to start then increased to 20mg per day last week. I've noticed the only side effect being a bit of insomnia, but it's getting easier to deal with. 10mg never worked that well, and I've only been taking 20mg for a week so it's a bit too early to tell, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm also taking 10mg of Abilify (mood stabilizer) per day so that helps. Honestly, I miss my old self, but, god, I hate the mood swings! :mad:
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I am on Lexapro. What all would you like to know about it? you can check some stuff on and if you'd like my expreriences with it you can PM me if you like or whatever you'd preffer. :) :hug: