Anyone know about meds to numb toothache?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by RySp123, Nov 6, 2007.

1. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Not talking about normal tookache. I've got a disease (dont ask me the name, I keep forgetting it) that affect the jaw bone.... it is getting thinner and thinner so all teeth are loose and achy. I started having the nerves cut in the bottom teeth but still have pain in the side done months after surgery... not mentioning the three other side not done yet.

I am already on tons of meds, even pain killers (fentanyl to name one etc) for ohter illness and still nothing helps.... aching day and nite.
  2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

could you ask your doctor (or whoever perscribed the other meds) for something stronger?
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

already done. says that with all i take i shouldn't feel anything anymore.
    i guess he hasn't experience pain or has little exp. of lasting pain in the long run.

gums are just about gone now, and bones are ... well already said it.

i had two pulled out to see the diff. between nerve being removed vs tooth pulled out. either way is pain subsists.

eating time is the best part of the day aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Nothing worse than dental pain - I suggest you keep nagging your doctor/dentist to up the dosage or change the medication. You could try clove oil, available at pretty much any chemist, it's pretty good.
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Failing that some watered down brandy applied to the gums can help
  6. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Tried already. Been asking for two years now and still get the same answer hun.

Really don't know how to deal with it anymore.
  7. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

thanks for the advice Terry but neither that helps

HELP !!!