Anyone know anything about Adderall?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by gag, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone here uses it, I took some not long ago, now my stomach hurts, I've got slight chest pains, and it really hurts to swallow.

Could I have an OD coming up?
  2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Adderall is a pharmaceutical psychostimulant comprising mixed amphetamine salts. The drug is used primarily to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. Adderall has also been used successfully to manage severe cases of treatment-resistant depression. It is a Schedule II controlled substance, meaning that it has been deemed to have a high potential for abuse and addiction despite genuine medical uses.

You must've taken too much....chest pains = rapid heartbeat...stomach pain = amphetamines always mess your stomach somehow(no appetite/upset stomach/etc.). The throat thing I'd call a hospital, you might be having an allergic reactiion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2007
  3. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I was thinking this, the chest pains have gone away, and the stomach pains from Amphetamines are usually just nausea from not eating, this was more of an ache though (which I got directly after consumption), so I'm not too sure there.

As far as the throat its still hurting, I'm hoping that I'm not allergic to something in the drug, I do have a cold as it is though, but I find it odd my throat didn't begin to ache until immediatley after popping them.
  4. Sarah

Sarah SF Friend & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

i used to take it when i was a teenager but i stopped because it was making my chest feel weird. it wasnt exactly chest pains but it made my chest feel tight and my back too right between my shoulder blades. like i was having some kind of major cramp that didnt hurt. it was weird. but anyway you might want to let youre doctor know about this to make sure you are on the right dosage. some of the medications for add can cause heart problems even if you take what was prescribed. however they can easily be adjusted and youre doctor can find a medicine for you that works and wont cause those side affects.
  5. gag

gag Well-Known Member

^I would but Its not my prescription.
  6. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

adderall = cocaine. i'm on it and it's working better than any anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med i've had though i've heard it can increase heart rate. etc. you prob took too much.
  7. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Adderall = better than cocaine IMO. Lasts alot longer, is WAY cheaper. Not nearly as good with booze though.

I haven't used it in a little while now, but after I made this thread I binged on the stuff for a while. And before that I was on Concerta.

I don't recommend them for anti-depressants though. The euphoria they bring is great, but the zombie like side effects is nothing short of shitty.
  8. xmda001

xmda001 Member

I have been taking it for a year 60mg XR and get chest pains and rapid heart beats and irregular heart beats. I fucking hate the stuff but the positives have been worth it. Started with Ritalin which was shit and I am abusing Dexedrine after 9 years of staying clean.

You can never fucking win.
  9. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

why mix dexedrine and adderall? the dexedrine might explain the chest pains and the rapid heart beat :blink:

you have a script for both? I don't THINK it's good to take
    did your phyician prescribe both meds at the same time?
  10. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

that's the hell of it ay? :biggrin:

better than cocaine ya say...but no firewater. there's always a damn catch
  11. xmda001

xmda001 Member

The dexedrine is PRN so easy to keep using.I spend several hours crushing up pills and cutting it over and over and over and over again.......preparation ritual of cutting and lining brings back my coke association and fixation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.