Anyone know how to cure a hangover?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Petal, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have a really bad hangover, feel like my heads gonna fall off:laugh:, can any1 help? :hug:

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I've heard stores sell pills you are suppose to take before drinking and they claim it keeps you from having a hang over, not sure if it works. I've found no way around hang overs and I asked a doctor once and he said pretty much if I drink to watch how much because they know of no way to completely stop a bad hang over, I usually take antacids and rest, or go out and suffer if I have to leave, sorry I have no good answer. :hug:

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've been told that if you drink a glass of water for every drink you have you won't have that splitting headache hangover, as you won't be dehydrated. I have found this to be true.

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I've been told fire with fire

have a bloody mary
    bottoms up mate

5. Empty_Bob

Empty_Bob Member

Well the worst thing you can do is drink more, what you want to do is replace all the vitamins, salts and fluids the alcohol has taken from your body. Try something like a sports drink, which should help with replacing the fluids and vitamins. Oh and don't drink black coffee, that will just dehydrate you more.

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Drink water, and then stop drinking alcohol.

7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

dont drink :thumbup:

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Best hangover cure, hands down-Have "a hair of the dog that bit ya", in other words, another drink. Second, go to McDonalds and order a cheeseburger or a quarter-pounder. The grease coats your stomach and makes you feel much, much better. You will feel so much better in NO time at all. :)

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks guys! :hug:

10. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

The best way is to pre-empt the hangover. Eat a lot of food and drink a lot of water while drinking.
    In the morning try to rehydrate with water and juices and energy drinks. Probably a good idea to avoid coffee, which dehydrates. You also want to eat to recover the various minerals and whatever. Eating with a hangover is hard, so go for a soup or some other light snack like that in the morning and then have a monstrous lunch.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  11. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

I always pop an aspirin and drink a glass of water before going to bed drunk. That said, sometimes I'm so drunk I forget... lol. So I drink a ton of water and then go get either a breakfast sandwich from the convenience store (love the ones from Holiday - 99 cent hangover cure!) or else make mashed potatoes for breakfast. Anything to soak up all the alcohol and rehydrate your body - skip the soda, trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.