Anyone listen/play heavy metal?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by dvnj22, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I started listening to heavy metal when I was 16. I've played the guitar off and on since 13. I always wanted to play metal music but thought it was to hard, but in the last month I started learning to play thrash and death metal styles. it turns out I'm better at metal then other styles of music. I have a lot to learn though, I'm not a great player - just decent. I like metal - it's like modern day opera/classical music of our day. I listen to all kinds of music though, blues, rock, punk, metal, and classical. anyone else play?

2. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

naturally ;)

3. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

I like all different kinds of metal. Including symphonic metal. :D

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

While I myself am not huge into metal itself (I have played guitar for over 40 years), most of my guitar friends are "metal heads." I'm in pretty thick with the Dean Guitars company scene (they make guitars most fitted to playing metal) and have a number of Dimebag Darrell (Pantera) design guitars and one really nice limited Buddy Blaze. The most recent charity CD I produced, and the one before it, includes a metal song or two... and I really do like the metal band, Jag Panzer.

Keep on playing, keep on enjoying music. Music comes in many styles and music can be part road to a cure for depression. PICK with Austin, after all. :)

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like lots of types of metal, and I listen to pretty much any kind of music. I don't know how to play any instruments but I want to learn guitar and maybe a few others.

6. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I play guitar do vocals. I love screaming, it's so alieviating. I don't care what kind of metal it is, or what genre of music. I figure it's always good to listen to other styles, incorperate elements of people's playing that resonate with you and all that.

7. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I am not sure about genres, I like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Iron Maiden, Krypteria and others and I am always looking for new ones.

8. Kewl Beans DV. Keep it up. My opinion is that metal is where all the real musicians are these days. I do consider myself a Die-Hard metal-head, always have been. I play the strings myself. -Mostly violin these days but I do steal away some special moments on the guitar even still. I say go with it. You have something yur into and know something yur good at. Some of my most awesome moments are when I'm playing. When I'm not playing and I'm just out there in my 'not free' time dealing with life I mostly can think of playing again. It always seems like something I want to do. I'm not really that good at it. Some people think I am. I don't. Perhaps I can xred but really I'm just really good at those same 5 songs I've known forever. Still, I like to do it - especially when I'm alone. It just feels so good. Keep at it if ya can.

9. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i do listen to it sometimes... depends on my mood.

if i am having 1 of those days.. yeah i hate the world, everything sucks, then sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.