Anyone out there in their late 20’s or 30’s suicidal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by obsessed78, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsessed78

obsessed78 Member

I feel it is hard to relate to some of the people on here as they seem like theyare very young which is so sad or in a lifestyle that is much more desperate than mine which makes me feel guilty. We are all at the end of our tether at the end of the day and have one thing in common. I know that.
    I have been suicidal since I was 12 but now with a job, travelling and friends I am back in a suicidal state of mind and need to share my thoughts with others that are in stressful jobs that are pushing them to the edge. I know I will eventually do it. I hope I do. This constant struggle is cruel. Please contact if you are in the same situation or feel like suicide is a comfort you rely on. Whatever your situation. x
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm 27 and I've been suicidal at least 15 years...I know how much of a struggle it can be. As it is, I'm just about at the end of my rope. You can talk to me anytime you'd like.
  3. Kleftis

Kleftis Account Closed

<Mod Edit - Acy - insulting/flaming>
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  4. Downpour

Downpour Well-Known Member

I'm 26 and have been suicidal/depressed for about 10 years. I definitely agree with you that suicide is a comfort that I rely on. My job isn't that stressful, but maybe I'm just not great at handling the stress. It's definitely not helping the situation. I don't know how much help I would be, but feel free to contact me if you want.
  5. DanteHicks

DanteHicks Member

32 here. I used to go through some real dark spots in my late teens and ignored it. Chalked it up to youth. Ignoring the fact that my father was suicidal after the loss of my mother or that he spent nearly a year on the couch after being laid off from work when I was younger. I wish I had done something about it earlier and not told myself to just suck it up and get over it. Doesn't work like that. Now that I'm older, it's harder to cope with these feelings, only more reflecting on them in the long hours of the night.
  6. ksmith86

ksmith86 Well-Known Member

I'm 25 and I've been suicidal for about two months... And yes I do see suicide as a source of comfort. It's a way out.
  7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I am another who is 27. We who are older tend to hide more I guess I do not know. I am just like you I am unable to relate to hardly anything on this forum because I live the life of a prince compared to most.
  8. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

I'm 31 experienced a bout of serious depression when I was in my late teens. At the time I just saw it as growing pains. But now for the past year and a half I've been suicidal. At first it was just the thought floating in my head but now it's full blown planning.
  9. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm 33 and feel the same way.
    My life isn't worth living. I plan to end it in January.
  10. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

I´m 27.. I have a very stressful job as well.. Been suicidal since my teens.
  11. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

Same thing here,32,no job,no interests in life,no goals,no future....aah what a stupid life!
  12. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel but you're not stupid.
  13. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

Life sucs and i cant dig my own grave. I'm too much of a coward like others. Everything i do is wrong. I try to go thier way but still not good enough. I have a babyon the way and I'm even s disapointment to my unborn child. Soldiers are brave, why cant I?

Btw I'm well into my 30s
  14. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I am 25 and have been suicidal since I was 18, right when I joined this forum slightly over seven years ago. Nothing has really changed. My depression is doing its exact job. It is preventing me from seeking help and getting better, convincing me its hopeless and permanent and just making me "survive" life, not thrive it.
  15. japanlover

Exactly! Funny how this crap works
  16. I am 24 almost 25 (But I have had a friend or three in their late 20s- 30's)I have manic depression and social anxiety ADHD and acute OCD and maybe bi polar, I don't really know I have been without insurance for years. I hate pills, doctors and spending money.(Perhaps you have untreated\undiagnosed psychological disorders?). It is comforting, I guess, because I just want out. I just want it all to stop. I'm finished with everything and death is the only thing I can think of to make it stop.

I relate to you in the fact that my job is stressing me out. I have been there for seven years, work harder than I have too, and I make a dollar over minimum wage. I can relate to the guilt too, I know some people don't have a loving family to support them and I do. Other people have harder lives than mine and still live on. I am afraid to talk about it because I have attempted before And I don't want to bring back sore memories. My husband keeps me under a little bit of an overbearing microscope but not too much, he just freaks out when ever I am having thoughts.

If you need someone to talk to let me know. I know I need to let stuff out, so I will be happy to listen to you let what ever you need to get out. I hope you don't do it and I don't do it because we find the strength to seek outside help. My cousin just died recently and my aunt told me to take care of myself, and to listen to my mother about going to the doctor, I know she meant if I ever got sick but....Again with the guilt. :mhmm:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  17. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Yeah...I know what it's like. I hate that there is so much guilt and pain especially from family.
  18. arrowpenny

arrowpenny Member

Hi, 37 here and on disability so no job no money to do anything. All I do is watch movies all day, eat, sleep and knit. Thinking about suicide is a total comfort to me.
  19. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I'm 28. First started suffering from depression and suicidal thinking since I was 13. My entire life was nothing but loneliness, forced isolation, being outspoken, ignored, neglected, dejected, and rejected. Unable to belong anywhere or with anyone. Only have one friend currently. No money, no job, no luck, and no love life (and as result, I have become asexual and officially turned off any human desires whatsoever). Practically everyone I have come across in my life has made it their main mission to keep me down at the bottom of the barrel, shut me down, break my heart, tell me lies, betray me, treat me like shit in general, or call me every negative thing in the book. It wasn't good for my psychological state, which would explain why I'm now bat-shit psychotic and criminally insane. At least I still have my dark sense of humor left.

Pretty much any attempt I made to get my foot in the door of life always ended up in failure. I've been a dead corpse ever since, now I'm only sitting on the death clock trying to decide when is the best time to leave this rotten toilet we call a world.
  20. japanlover

Mfing word dude!!!! Preach on! You work dude
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.