Anyone still believe in God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Giovanni91, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovanni91

Giovanni91 Member

I don't believe in god anymore...and now life sucks even more. Anyone still believe in God?

2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

i do believe in God. i can talk to you about it if u want to. and so as to mention, i was once going to kill myself, and even at that time i believed in God.
    got any questions then go ahead.

Eiji-sama~

3. Giovanni91

Giovanni91 Member

I don't believe in God only money...sucks I don't have any. Life is so brutal and unfair and I really don't think some magical being is going to make everything A-OK when we die. Everything around tells me this is it, so I really don't have anything to look forward to. Killed or be killed. If I only had the cash or the god.

4. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I believe in God, I have experienced his guiding hand in my life many times.

Allah akhbar.

5. truthhurts

i read the private message as well, but i'll reply for both here. i do feel God's love. i can't really explain much as to how or why i feel it, but i guess a part of it is that it's really good to kno there's one 'somebody' who loves u with all your mistakes and impurities, no matter what u've done wrong. as for whether i'm okay, well, that depends, haha. i've got my own mountain of issues i've been dealing with for a while, but i'm gonna keep fighting, and i hope one day i'll get over them. even though sometimes it seems so very hopeless, i don't think it rly is, i think there's a point in trying to improve oneself. and, i also think that God is there for every person, everyone's equal before him, and i think it's just that most of us don't rly notice that He's there. also, i think there's a reason why we have to go through all these immense hardships, i'm also looking for some reference at the moment, i think i shud find it soon, i'll post that in a moment cuz i think it explained it well. and, i think i myself might be a conceited sadistic brat at the moment if i hadn't gone through anything 'difficult'. meaning that difficulties make us progress as a person. i'll check with that reference now.

6. Giovanni91

Giovanni91 Member

Thanks, truthhurts i agree that hardships help a purpose progress and i'll admit that failure has made me a much more humble caring person, just afraid it was all for vain but i digress. I wish there was definite proof god existed maybe than people would stop being so wicked to each other...but i guess there would be a lot more suicides.:wink:

Hi aaron
    Are you a muslim? if yes, cool. i was raised a muslim but trying so hard to believe, islam is a very beautiful religion. Hope you are ok.

7. truthhurts

okay sry but i actually can't find what i was looking for right now. i'll just copy the adress, in case u're interested in some catholic questions and answers, tho i shud note that i myself am not catholic, and thus i don't agree with some of their views, but it's still good reference. the page is here: http://www.chastitysf.com/faq.htm#MIS
    as for 'definite proof', i think faith as such wud be meaningless if we were able to proove God's existence. then it wud be more like 'ruler and the ruled' if that makes sense. God has given us free will, He isn't 'making' us follow him by force, that's why there's so much sin and suffering in the world, because we don't 'have' to do good. we can do anything we like, just not all that we do is good for us.
    also, i think some [or maybe many] of the things we go through are for helping others. at first i didn't really understand why i had to go through all of the 'suicidal' stuff, but in the end i got to help a couple of people through my own experience. and i'm really glad i got to help them. and not just with that experience, there have been a lot of other things i've gotten to help people with, and that has actually made me really happy.
    i hope this helped a bit.

8. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I believe in God, but not in a way that really is what anyone else does, from what I can tell, and I feel isolated even so in my belief. I am unsure what to think of God or what to think of "organized religion" either. Or if God wants that, or doesn't want that, or what God even wants?

I used to be a "christian", but that was because I was raised as such, and never really looked into anything else. I then gave that up, because I gave up the idea of God being able to have a son. My version of God is that He would be the ultimate being/thing/creator etc... so having a son or someone to intervene didn't make sense to me.

Then again, as I mentioned, there are still so many things that don't make sense to me, or things I can't comfortably settle on. I'm not necessarily a person who needs physical proof, because I have never "seen" God either, but yet believe in Him. But some of the things that I read about in religions or some of the things that people follow with their ideas of God, I just struggle with, or can't really come to justify or reason or anything really.

Some things, I even find hurtful, to me...and to others. I do wish I didn't feel this way. Maybe simpler times when I never questioned like I do, or never blamed God like I do now.

9. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I don't believe in a god, and honestly it was such a relief when I finally started letting myself accept that. I spent so much of my life pretending to believe and clinging to the bible verses that described our world and our souls as broken. It was just another outlet for my own self hate. Its a touchy thing to talk about because religion does seem to help some people. But accepting my atheism was 100% a positive move for me. I don't see the world or humans as broken anymore- we are all beautiful and interconnected. Genetics and evolution are so beautiful to me. I was so suicidal and sick back in my christian days- i clung to the concept of original sin and salvation from some external being because i felt awful and wanted to imagine somethiing that could magically save me. If youre feeling doubts about god, maybe its for a reason. Just be open with yourself. Look for the beauty here in our physical world (i find inspiration in biology and chemistry). As someone who was raised catholic and escaped, i know how seductive christianity can be. Maybe it is the best thing for you..just be open. :)

10. slartibartfast

slartibartfast New Member

You know, You don't need God to validate or give your life meaning. Belief can be both an amazing and terrible thing depending on circumstance. Losing your faith is normal it happens a lot. It happened to me and after a while I found comfort and peace that I never thought I would have. There are plenty of people who find faith and have the same feeling.

The advice I can give you is research. Read books by Atheists such as Richard Dawkins, read books by Christians such as Micheal behe, Think on it and draw your own conclusion. I find if your belief or lack therof is based on knowledge and research rather than just "gut feeling" you tend to be happier in your position ( at least thats how I feel)

11. Jimbojak

Jimbojak Member

I don't believe anymore and I must say that the realization came as a great relief to me. What is it about the world that sucks more without belief? When I came to the conclusion, at first I had trouble understanding how there could "really" be good in the world, but over time and after a lot of research I learned that good does not depend on God. It's something we all have within us.

12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

No, I do not believe in any such kind of 'god' as what is currently spouted? Preached? by the World's current religions, but that does not mean to say that just because I do not believe a word of what any religion says today (let us face it, religion gets it more wrong than science - but unlike science, has not the decency to stand up and admit when it is wrong) means that there is not something out there.
    I will keep my own beliefs about any such 'god' and let the rest of the World believe in their thing. It is, after all, a personal belief and no one has the right to say if my chice is wrong or right.

13. SoftStyle

SoftStyle Member

Yes, and I believe it was God's will that a close friend of mine called me when I was about to kill myself last time otherwise I may not have been alive today.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

I worry there might be a God or higher calling and I would not know it, make the wrong choice to lead my life. Most people believe the right way to live is to enjoy life and not hurt others in the process which sounds good to me :). But nobody know's for sure if that is the truth so to speak, I often find myself wondering how to live and what is the best way I can do. I find that very depressing having too many possibilties of an afterlife outcome and each different view from Christians or Catholics etc.
    disagree with all other right and wrong ways of living I find.
    I have a way I would like to live if maybe there was no god but I don't know if I should live for life and too the full with most of what people say is enjoying life would be classed as a big wrong in some religions :-(. Things like vanity and pride yet it can help to make someone feel good in themselves when they have had a makeover :-(.
    I wish I could find something to believe in :-(.

15. smokeintheroom

smokeintheroom New Member

i cant bring myself to believe in god anymore. ive lost hope. ive tried many times to restore my faith but its never gunna be the same again

16. LadyEmaleth

LadyEmaleth Member

I honestly don't know if I'm an atheist. I'm sure I used to believe in some "higher power" but now I just don't know how I feel about that. Regardless of my faith or it's lack from my point of view there are so many religions in our world that if we assume that each and every religion has an equal chance to be "the one and only true faith", then we can say with a very high probability that when we die, we'll meet the god or gods we never heard of and we'll be judged by the rules we never knew existed. Large amount of believers doesn't by itself make a belief true, so some long forgotten tribe in deep forests of Australia has the same chance to capture the real nature of “higher power” as major religions have.

17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm an agnostic, and not sure if that will ever change

18. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

I believe in God in my way.

19. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I believe in God. I guess where I become stuck is believing in Jesus, which kind of is where I come stuck when it comes to Christianity. But yes I definitely believe in God. Now, why would a loving God make such an earth where there is so much pain and suffering.. when He can see all this suffering and pain.. I don't know. There are lots of debates about it but I guess at the end of the day we're all on this earth for whatever reason we believe. We'll never know the truth.. or I guess we'll know about God/Jesus when we die but by then it's too late. And we can't really pass the message on by then either! So 'what is the point'. I don't know. I wish I knew. I truly wish I knew. Maybe someone does know. Maybe that's what true Christianity is about.. it's the searching and finding of a meaning to this life. I wish I believed fully. I've tried for a couple of years now. I'd love to have that inner peace that I've seen radiate in some Christians I know. Is that because they're a Christian or because they're just happy and not been through shit. I don't know. I guess none of us truly know anything. The universe is much bigger that we'll ever get our heads around.

As an aside I think this thread needs to move to the Soap Box?

20. Deadtwice

Deadtwice Well-Known Member

I have a personal faith in God. My beliefs are unlike most all my family and peers. I ride the fence between liberal and conservative but I lean more liberal. My family is a strict shut up it's my way or its wrong conservative. I also belive the"church" of today is dead. It no longer serves it's higher purpose so the dead branch will be cut loose. I belive in high envolvment of spiritual beings, for both good and evil. Those are the headers of my personal belief. There are many places I am willing to give and take but those three I will stand on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.