Anyone studying PHARMACY/PHARMACİST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

life

Hey guys i wanted to know some thıng about pharmacy from people who are studyıng pharmacy or people who are pharmacist!...Like is it hard to study it?(is it all about chemistry).. is it a comfortable job?..And what can u do with a pharmacy degree?thx

Like is it hard to study it? There's a lot of math in it. I think it takes six years of college or at least in Michigan it does. It varies in different states. You also learn some medical stuff.

is it a comfortable job? Depends on where you work. If you work for a drug company selling drugs to doctors you will travel a lot but it also pays a lot.

And what can u do with a pharmacy degree? You can work for a drug company selling drugs, you could work in a hospital as a pharmacist getting meds ready for patents, you can work at a drug store filling prescriptions.

B

Bostonensis

Pharmacists also sells drugs on the streets . Pharmacists like Drs. surgeons, are not exceptions in selling drugs on the streets illegally. Some of them are addicted themselves,they have all the laws in their hands that is why they do not get caught ,if they do, they can hire a lawyer. A drug dealer is no less than a pharmacists nor a pharmacers are better than the drug dealers.

No more daydreaming

boston, i sincerely hope your constant placing of 'daydreaming' is meant for yourself. because if you are telling other people to stop doing so i recommend you stop.

I have a couple of friends studying to become a pharmacist now, so here's some insight from their answers to your questions. It is alot of studying and memorization, math too, for six years (depending on whether you get your Pharm.D). As far as the job goes, they showed me the typical pharmacist salary; those six years pay off, although you'll have some long days standing while filling scripts. Good luck, and hope you went for it!

xan

Chat Buddy
I do chemistry too and know several pharmacists... from what i gathered the maths isn't that hard, it's just simple stuff but you can't get it wrong because it could mean life and death. You do have to know quite a lot of synthetic chemistry. It's 4 years in the UK followed by a prereg. at a pharmists think you get paid a little bit for it. Then it's about a £35k salary :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00