Anyone want to dump some pounds?

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Anyone want to join me in losing a few or in my case many pounds...
I saw a dietitian today and was totally shocked by what I weigh, it was much more than I thought. :sad:
I am so unfit, unhealthy, fat yes morbidly obese is the term... I'm not kidding myself, I know why I'm like this, sure antidepressants may play a small part but the real reason is the amount of rubbish I eat.
If any of you feel like supporting me and me you of course, to lose some extra pounds then this is the place to come.

Good timing.

I am starting a new diet today :smile:

Feel free to add me to msn or something if you feel like you need some support.

Trust me, I need any I can get :laugh:

I've been doing weight watchers for some time now...month maybe. It's irritating at times but supposed to help in the end.

I will definitely support you hun :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
OMG Hazel you are a mind reader.
Went to put on something I havent worn for a while and it didnt fit :mad:
Fat flabby and sooooo unhealthy so joins the slimming thread :biggrin:

LostMyMind

I am morbidly obese as well and need to lose weight before I get diabetes like most of my family. What would work better, low carb or just counting calories?

D

Dave_N

I was hoping to gain a few pounds of muscle by this summer, by eating more protein and strength training some more. :smile:

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
How best can we support each other?

Thanks for replying everyone :smile:

Now we need to think how we can utilize this thread to our best advantage;
I thought it would be good for diet and motivational tips, also if you like the idea we could weigh weekly and have a thread where we post what we have lost OR gained! No need to post your actual weight unless you want to.
Then there's exercise (what's that?!) :unsure:

Any suggestions very welcome....

I think this quote by: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cyril Connolly[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] is very relevant to members of SF
[/FONT]
One way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How best can we support each other?

Did you just swear at me????????

Ex...ex...excer....nah, can't say it :tongue:

I actually like the sound of the weigh in....without actually weight...i'm being weighed every wednesday at the moment and wud be happy to share progress with u all :smile:

Esmeralda

One good tip is that you MUST have a cheat day once a week where you get to eat what you want. If you have that to look forward to, it makes the rest of the week a little easier. Also, try setting goals and then rewarding yourself with something you've been wanting when you reach those goals. They can be small goals, like losing your first 5 pounds or something like that. Once you reach that goal, buy a new pair of shoes or something. Make the rewards bigger and bigger the more weight you lose. You can even put it on a chart, so that by the time you reach your final goal, you get to treat yourself with something really incredible.

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Goals and rewards are a great idea Anastasia. :smile:

But I'd be hopeless with the
cheat day once a week
:sad: see once I break my healthy eating I go right into the, 'there's no point now mode', any suggestions as to how I could break this would be most welcome.

Goals and rewards are a great idea Anastasia. :smile:

But I'd be hopeless with the :sad: see once I break my healthy eating I go right into the, 'there's no point now mode', any suggestions as to how I could break this would be most welcome.
I have trouble with that too, Hazel. :hug:

Christianv2

I wanna try to lose weight too. I think Ive had more failed attempts than breaths. Im horrible with will power, I can do it for a day-week then I get depressed or something and turn to food. I think what makes it hard is that Ive actually now gotten to the point where food = happiness, no food = no happiness.

I think the first thing is to trust yourself and know how imperfect we all are...staying on a regime is a bit easier than recapturing the correct eating habits when you fall off...I live by portion control and knowing when I am full...with the exception of veggies and fruits, I eat a handful (the size of the inside of my hand) of any other foods and I stop eating when I sense I am full...the food will be there for later and thus far, I have not starved to death (lol)...also, if I do not know what I want to eat, I drink a glass of water flavored with a little juice or a lemon...it gives me more time to see if my desire to eat is physical (am I really hungry?) or to reduce tension...so far I have lost 128 pounds (sorry do not do stones)...I excercise for 2 45 minute sessions...I have fibromyalgia so it is not easy, but without excercise, I would have needed a body-tuck...good luck and I am here to share this journey with all of you as well...I want to loose about 2 stones (hehehehe- just looked it up) more...big hugs, J

sarahg

Re: How best can we support each other?

yay sam,
i go to the gym and have slightly toned up but its my tummy any suggestions?
i am starting water arobics too on thursday
i dont weigh myself but i measure and i have lost half an inch around waist and almost an inch from hips
i go with a friend so we make each other go and each week we put a £1 each in a pot and if we dont go the other has the money .
what a great thread

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
A tip for all those who can stand the heat, chillies speed up the metabolic rate (maybe this is why you rarely see a fat indian :laugh:)
So lets get some curries on the menu.
Anyone needs curry recipes ...see me :biggrin:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00