Anyone who's dealt with Cancer....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anju, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a great place to look :unsure: but was wondering if anyone on here has had to go through a loved one having cancer? Or more to the point being's really hard to support them alone, don't really want to go into it, but if anyone has any words of wisdom they'd be truly
  2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

my mother just passed away July 2nd this year to cancer, and my best friend is only 21 with brain cancer and they're not giving her till christmas to survive. what do you need right now? what would help?
  3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I need...I'm so mixed up about it all. My partner has been told he won't live till Christmas either...and if he does he'll be in a coma. It's just so hard to keep going, to know what to say, ya know?:unsure:
  4. betteroffunknown

just being there for them is the key. i voiced my concerns with my other friends so i could have a chance to vent too. keep venting here. it's hard i know but just imagine how much harder for them it is to be the one.
  5. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I know, I'm so proud that he can stay so strong through it all. I try talking to my parents but I just break down. It's more of a concern for the amount of pain he's in than how things will be when he's gone...don't like feeling helpless about not being able to help. That and I may be carrying his baby...:(
  6. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

My brother in-law got throat cancer (though thankfully he beat it)
    My uncle is in a coma right now due to some sort of kidney cancer (not sure what type it is exactly)
    My best friend Vanessa died two years ago from cancer she was 20.

I hate Cancer so much..:mad::mad::mad:
  7. betteroffunknown

that is so cool if you are carrying his baby. at least i think it is. it's ok if you breakdown i have and had done so a lot for my mom and my friend. it's only natural considering the circumstances. it's alright to grieve before hand. honestly i think that helped me afterwards with my mom. if you can i would look into hospice care for him. they do absolute wonders with helping them with the pain. that's what they did with my mom. not only that but they have been absolutely wonderful with my dad since. even on Oct. 19th this year was suppose to be my parents 50th wedding anniversary and hospice was even there for him for that.
  8. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

My grandma died from breast cancer.
    My day care teacher surivived breast cancer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.