Anyone wished that another person would notice all your problems?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Maylin, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

I am just too good at hiding my emotions, I never show that I am deeply depressed. Even my family thinks everything is OK even though I have been days away from death, and when ***** died I never showed that I was sad, neither did my brother, it's just the way we are and I am fine with that.

I just wish someone would notice that I am in pain, because I am never going to say it to anyone, and I am too good at hiding it.

It would be really cool if someone would just walk up to me and know everything about me.

Anyone wished for something like that?
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yes I wish people could see how intense what I am feeling is.
    I bet if I met you I could see it, I have a good sense about these things, because I am good at hiding my emotions too.
    My therapist understands, that's about it.

I feel for you :hug:
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

My counsellor told me that I am the most expert person at wearing a mask that she has ever seen. And she was right. In the two years I've been seeing her, I've told her and a couple of psychotherapists things about myself no one else knows. After seeing me for a year or two, I've been able to open up myself to them and be completely honest. Just doing that much is good therapy, but they can offer a lot of help, and a psychiatrist can help you find the right meds, if you need them, that will soothe your soul.

I hope you can find the support you need. You've found one good place right here.
  4. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

I dont like talking about myself, and I dont like to complain about myself either, so talking to a doctor about my feelings is out of the questions.

Besides, me talking about it does not really fix anything.

Well it MIGHT fix it since I will get taken seriously when I talk about my real problem, because when I talk to my doctor/family I make my problem really small, even though it has taken over my life, it's complicated :wink:.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Daria,
    Yes I am good at not showing my pain. Well at least I use to be. I am a former Marine and they drill it into you to not show emotion and to never smile. It cracks my therapist up when she gets a sideways smile out of me. She just sits there and laughs her butt off at me.
    You are right not to open up to your regular doctor because he has no experience with mental health. You should get a therapist because you can talk to them and work out a plan on how to defeat your pain. Good Luck To You!!~Joseph~
  6. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Sure, I think everyone has wanted that at one point or another. Pretty much everybody would like to be understood and accepted.
  7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

I also am very good at hiding how i feel infront of parents, collegues and friends etc etc if im having a bad day there are only certain people who i turn to. unless someone knows me very well and can see the sorrow in my eyes, then everyone thinks im fine.
  8. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Heh, I never complain and I am always positive infront of people, I quess that is why I enjoyed my year in the army so much, best time ever.
  9. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

That mask you wear is something I think a lot of people here know about and it can become so stuck on it becomes hard to remove no matter what you are feeling inside. The fact that you have posted here is a first step to taking it off. I have found the forum to be a kind of sanctuary where I can feel safe about removing my mask. Hope you find the same. Here if you want to chat or if not just leave me a message. I will always reply. Good luck.S.:smile:
  10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

dont we all wish for that
  11. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I was talking to a counsellor over the phone and she asks what keeps me going and I said that I hadn't found the right method, she didn't believe because I sound like I am going so well, she says one part of me is so positive and is doing things and one part is not. I even have her fooled because I am not into self pity and do try and see the funny side of situations.
  12. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Dont we all have two sides, two personalities?
    One that we show it to everyone........
    And one that is the real one.......
    Now, to answer the question......... Yes, i wish that, but that will never happen. The only way someone to get know me better, to get know the real me is to read my posts on SF, and even then he wouldnht know everything, because some things can not be said or written, but anyway, i dont think that i will alow anyone to see my posts here, especially not someone from my family or someone close to them.
    Yes, i want another person that will notice all my problems, but i prefer that person to be someone who can understand me, or even better, who can completely relate to me. I can open my feelings only to someone who can also be opened with me. And perhaps, a person with similar or same situation, could notice my problems....
    But now, i want to ask something: What if that happens? The problems will still remain the same. If that person doesnt have same problems, what then? You will talk to him/her about your problems? Once, twice? What after? You cant get help, maybe just a shoulder to cry on... But thats all. And I really dont want anyone to see my tears.
    So, yes, i want someone to know about my problems, but thats only because i dont want to be alone in my problems, but sharing them with someone who doesnt understand, will make them even worse.
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm very good at hiding my emotions, almost too good sometimes.
  14. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

"It would be really cool if someone would just walk up to me and know everything about me" !!!!

please take the initiative hun. I am sure there are counselors all over; please go talk to someone.
  15. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

touglytobeloved: Yeah, it would be nice to have someone that truly understands me, like another me!

I dont really think getting help from a professional will solve anything, but I have found a different forum about my problem, the people there all have the same problem and can relate to stuff I say, it is nice :rolleyes:, not that it actually does something about my problem.

I have to say one thing though, this forum has a depressing name...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes, I really would like that. I'm posting threads to try to get attention, and it seems to have some effect... I really would like Sarah to notice all my problems, but she's busy dating another guy.
  17. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I dont know what your problem is, but if it is somehow related to mine, i would like to know about that other forum. I will check your threads to see waht is the problem, lately im not very much on SF, dont know why, probably i dont have much to say.
    So, if we have same or similar problem, you can send the link to that forum to me, here, or in PM. Thx.
  18. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Oh I doubt you have the same problem as I have, I do keep a diary thing on this forum to help me keep track on things, but I leave out what I am having problems with on purpose for some reason.

But yeah, you can send me a message about you problem, who knows, maybe you have the same :smile:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.