Anywhere to get meds without seeing a doctor

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by dice, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dice

dice Well-Known Member

I really want to get on some anti-depressants but the problem is I can't go to a doctor for some very complicated reasons. Is there any over the counter anti-depressants or any other way of getting these meds without a prescription. I have no desire to circumvent the law, so what I'm asking is there any meds I can get legally without a prescription.

2. Unspokenlie

Unspokenlie Member

Well I'm new to this, and I think you are to....
    So I'm just going to say what I think ???

Anti depressants isn't going to make everything better,
    I think you should try speak to a pysc, and work out what you need, they might say you need them, or they might say you should try counselloring

I havent answed your question, because I don't know

I hope you think about seeking help

Take care

3. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are right I am new to this. I really don't think anti-depressants will work like magic but I could use anything I can find at the moment. I probably should be in therapy as well as get a prescription for some meds. Anyway I can't become diagnosed as clinically depressed because my job requires I be free of mental illness and they have ways of verifying this information.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun there are herbal products that can help low grade depresision You pharmacist will know which ones work best so ask your pharmacist okay they have so much knowledge about herbal rememdies hugs

5. tx915

tx915 Active Member

The good thing about support groups is that you can go in anonymously and there is no id required. There might be some in your area. Antidepressants require Dr. monitoring to see what side effects you may get. Some of those side effects can be pretty bad. Might want to try that herbal route someone suggested.

6. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Anyone have any herbal medication suggestions. I tried looking this up online but I was in over my head.

7. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Saint John's Wort might help but it can also be very harmful and is not closely regulated. It also can interact with other meds so be sure to talk to your pharmacist. That's free and there's no record.

8. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the advice. I got some Saint John's Wort earlier this morning. Any idea how long you have to take this stuff before it does anything?

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

10. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

I know it's far from being an anti-depressant, but Tylenol PM helps me a lot with insomnia. There's only been one time where it didn't do the trick. Insomnia's a major symptom with my depression and sometimes a simple good night's sleep can be a great help. Just do make sure you get the full 8 hours or you'll wake up feeling groggy.

11. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

Saint John's Wort and 5-HTP are probably the only legal OTC 'anti-depressants'

you can get real anti-depressants and pills from online pharmacies etc but i'm not sure of the legality of it (and i have probably got to say, it is not advisable, they are all fake/scams etc)

12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I think that the most important suppliment people can take in the winter to help with depression is a very good quality Vitamin D3. The problem with this is that you would have no way of knowing how much you need. These days almost everyone is depleted of vit D3 because we are outside much less. And live in more stress. Having said that, I agree with what everyone has said. When I was less severely depressed, good quality St Johns wort helped. It may take many weeks to see results. I would give it up to 2 months trial before deciding. Would it be possible for you to find a good herbalist or naturopath who you can pay out of pocket? That way you could get professional help with alternative suppliments, but not have it reported? Here is a list that I found:
    http://www.suicide.org/depression-and-dietary-supplements.html

I wish you luck with this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.