Apartment?

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
I suppose in principle, yes. Either 211 or your State AG's Office for Consumer Affairs might be able to advise you about that. You could also search for some background info about the property manager.

Have you actually seen the apartment?

I guess even if everything is otherwise legit, there's some non-zero chance that the current tenant won't leave by the appointed date.
Well, they would only show me a model. Someone's living in it they said so they didn't show me the unit.
*hug

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Thank you to all who gave ideas. *hug I appreciate it a lot.. ❤❤❤🖤🖤🖤

One more question guys, I haven't signed lease papers laying out the terms yet. They say "we will call you when its ready" and said I sign everything then. Is that the norm? Is that okay? Or could they just never call me? Or somehow they say I'm not able to. come 7/30?
no call them urgently and tell them to send paperwork work right now it sounds very sketchy tell ask them where it's getting stuck up, a lender, broker, the real estate agent, or the seller's party or the team the seller works with. Tell them to send it over Docusign see if you can get a hold of.something lile aya that they r going against policy or something like that. I highly advice u please research which policies you can use cuz they seem to be delaying it which cud go against certain policies so please recheck on that as a person on a long term house search myself I feel very worried about u.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
no call them urgently and tell them to send paperwork work right now it sounds very sketchy tell ask them where it's getting stuck up, a lender, broker, the real estate agent, or the seller's party or the team the seller works with. Tell them to send it over Docusign see if you can get a hold of.something lile aya that they r going against policy or something like that. I highly advice u please research which policies you can use cuz they seem to be delaying it which cud go against certain policies so please recheck on that as a person on a long term house search myself I feel very worried about u.
I will call them and ask more questions..

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Someone's living in it they said so they didn't show me the unit.
I'm not sure how things work where you are, but I've definitely been shown units where the old tenants are still living there. Given that you do not have a lease signed yet, I'd keep an eye on other places becoming available just in case.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
I'm srry but the more I hear the more it sounds like a scam I hope you haven't gave them any money yet. I am not sure how it works in ur place but I don't think u need to put.any money dowl till u insoect the house with professional house inspectors and give ur deposit and doqnpayment dont pay even a penny till that paper work is signed

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
**Update: I went down there an visited at night. Its in a very scary hood.highest crime rate in the state. I chickened out and canceled the app. I decided yo move to Washington with my aunt.

Now I got cold feet and don't want to do that. I want to stay. I hate the idea. That decision was impulsive and I'm a fckjng mess!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣😢😢
😢😢 now I don't want to leave my state but canceled the application. And gave 2 weeks notice at my job! 😢😢🤣😢😢 I'm sick to my stomach.

ANYWAYS. I'm not okay. I have NOTHING.
And I fucked up. AGAIN. And I haven't even dealt with my PTSD issues... I know they will creep up again and destroy me!!!! I'm sorry guys. I'm so sorry *blue*blue*blue*blue I'm such a fuck up.. I hate this world...

Its not ok

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Could you maybe go there and visit with your Aunt, or stay there for the time being? Or temporarily… until you get situated--& then decide what you want to do? That’s what I would maybe do, while impractical. It may provide me with an experience, of where I’ll have learned something: either I’ll like it, or I won’t. Unless it’s a definite “no.” (on that plan)

Biggest thing to do, is not to panic. If you can? That will help you to be able to make clear-headed decisions. . . Not easy to do, I understand. And try not to beat yourself up, as I don't see any of these problems as your issues - in terms of, the responsiblity of/or for! :)

Take care,
& Good luck!

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Could you maybe go there and visit with your Aunt, or stay there for the time being? Or temporarily… until you get situated--& then decide what you want to do? That’s what I would maybe do, while impractical. It may provide me with an experience, of where I’ll have learned something: either I’ll like it, or I won’t. Unless it’s a definite “no.” (on that plan)

Biggest thing to do, is not to panic. If you can? That will help you to be able to make clear-headed decisions. . . Not easy to do, I understand. And try not to beat yourself up, as I don't see any of these problems as your issues - in terms of, the responsiblity of/or for! :)

Take care,
& Good luck!
mann I love you so much for always being here for me, *sadhug you responded so fast 😢😢😢😢 ahh I've been crying and melting down right now... everything feels so impossible and out of vontrolll. imtrying not to panic.

do you mean move to WA with my aunt for a little but while deciding? even though its 1500 mikes away? I guess I could.... I feel like such a FCK up. I had a chance yo stay and I sabotogued myself 😢😢 I hate myself

Sorry that things have gotten so stressful.

Maybe we can help you work out a plan that will get your stress level down and help you make a decision that's good for you.

Hugs

Do you feel like if all the practical details of moving in with your aunt were taken care of, and you just had to get on a plane, that would be something you'd want to do? If you'd rather just keep your job and move into that apartment in the sketchy area, you're sure that's what you'd want to do?

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Do you feel like if all the practical details of moving in with your aunt were taken care of, and you just had to get on a plane, that would be something you'd want to do? If you'd rather just keep your job and move into that apartment in the sketchy area, you're sure that's what you'd want to do?
I want to stay in my hone state after all. I just made 2 friends here. I have had friends in real life in 10 years. And there us more jibs here. However, I impulsively put in 2 weeks notice. And cancelled the apartment after a panic attack. I might have no choice now and i really don't want I move in with my religious, aunt.
I am athuest and she wants me to ho to church with her and the thought makes me sicj to my stomach and depressed af.

You might be able to tell your employer that you've changed your mind. Same thing with the landlord. They may not have found someone to replace you, so there still may be time.

That place does sound pretty sketchy though, but if you're certain you want to move in there, it may still be possible.

Hey, I have a question... So I'm desperately trying to find a place to move into by July. First apartment ever. Not by choice. Im selling my moms house and im all alobe and scared af.
I submitted several apartment applications and they place me on waitlists.

But for one I've paid a "holding deposit".
does that mean it bypasses the waitlist? once I get approved? So like, is it to hold the unit for only me?

I think I will be approved...but is it legit mine if I do get approved? Is that what it means?

I don't know how this works.. The application fee was $40 and holding deposit was $200. It doesn't mention a waitlist online... And it has a move in date of 7/30/2021. Do I stop worrying about being homeless now or....?

Google seems to say so... But I'm just terrified I could paid hat holding deposit, and be approved. but still be told you are on the waitlist...?
Just read your post. Let me know how it went. Did you move into the new place?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00