apathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darken

i jsut dont care about any thing any more. friends, love, sex what ever it all jsut seems so pointless and stupid. life is so stupid.its the same stupid cycle over and over. dunno what i would call smart life. but it would make more sense than a random pointless cycle of war.

Oceans

hi Darken

I'm sick of life also. I think everything is pointless. any way I hope you can find little pleasures that may place some light in your world.

Esmeralda

Apathy is a self-fulfilling sort of feeling. The more apathetic you are, the more you lay around and become even more apathetic. I know more about apathy than I care to. But lately, I've been forcing myself to do things. Getting a job, showering and putting on my make-up when I really don't feel like it, running errands I could put off. It works wonders. You have to FORCE yourself at first, which sucks, but you DO feel better. Make a list of things you need to do. Get up, take a shower and put on clothes that make you feel good about yourself (your favorites). Go shopping for groceries, listen to music you love in your car while running errands, etc. Decide to do 1 thing every day that you know you need to do and then DO IT. You're not going to want to do it, but do it anyway because you made that promise to yourself.

Remember, every promise you make to yourself is like a loved one making a promise to you. How do you feel when a loved one fails to do something they told you they would do? You first become angry at them; the next time, you are a little less angry, but disappointed. After that, you just start to not even care, but it still hurts. You no longer expect anything from that person.

It is the same way with yourself! You eventually stop expecting anything from yourself and the pain starts to dull, but it still eats at you. So make a list of things you NEED to do, and do one of those things every single day. You cannot imagine how much better you will start to feel about yourself even on the very first day, and you will want to keep that feeling going! Once you start treating yourself with respect, respecting the promises you have made, then you will see that others in your life will see that and start to behave the same way toward you. I have personal experience with this, and I am telling you that nothing you can do for your situation will make you feel better about yourself and consequently the world in which you live.

You can only do what you PERSONALLY can do. The rest is up to God or Fate or whatever you want to call it. But the feeling you get from following through on a positive plan of action in your own personal life will make you feel so much better about the world in general and people will see this in you and respond very positively. This is the first step to digging yourself out of this hole and I swear, it works.

Ella 77

I love Anastasia's post. It's so true.

Apathy is a big issue for me, and I'm trying to break out of it. Sometimes I only manage to take baby steps, and sometimes none at all, but I do agree that after I actually get things done, I feel better. Most of the time they are simple everyday things like cleaning or cooking a real meal, but it doesn't matter, even little things can be a big step out of apathy.

Oceans

Thank you Anastasia for posting your thoughts. It has made me think and I know sometimes my thoughts can be cyclic in natural which doesn't help me get out of this hole

Esmeralda

No problem! I tend to get into a cycle of apathy if I'm not careful and it sucks. Sometimes I don't even realize it and then I look around and realize I haven't taken a shower in 3 days :) The steps I provided really do work, and once you have a good solid week or two under your belt, it becomes natural and it actually feels worse if you just do nothing, which is a good thing! IT's a little uncomfortable at first, but SO worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00