Apology

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wispiwill, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Mods: I'm uncertain as to where to place this so please, feel free to move it if I've put it in the wrong place. Thank you.

It has recently come to my attention that things I have said sound like I'm hoping people will commit suicide or are generally unkind. That wasn't my intention and I'm sorry. I was attempting to be understanding and sympathic. I've noticed that when I'm not doing so well, I feel worse when told that I've got lots to live for or things like that. I want to feel that someone hears me and I was trying to do the same for others in an effort to help.

Obviously I failed.

This is typical of me and I should have known better than to come here and try. Everytime I've tried to reach out to people in the past, I've ended up saying/writing something that upsets people and this time is no exception. I want to be nice and to help - to make others feel better but that talent is beyond me. All I do is offend and upset. The last thing I want to do is hurt anyone. It is better all round if I no longer come here.

I'm sorry.

2. -Simon-

-Simon- Active Member

I don't know what's been said but if you want to talk I'm here. No judging, just a fellow human being :/

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

First of all, I hope you'll stay!!

I don't know the situations you're referring to. But if there's anything you want/need to talk about, feel free to drop me a PM. Whatever has happened, I'm sure it can be worked on!

4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I think you might be very polite and well-intentioned.

Don't know what issue(s) you've encountered, but I hope it doesn't weigh on you too heavy, because you seem too thoughtful a person to feel so guilty.

I hope your burdens let up.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think there is something to be said for not using the 'all or nothing at all' perspective...if you misspoke, and like the others, I do not know what happened, take responsibility, as you have, and with the repair, move on...does leaving help you refine how you communicate? Maybe eliciting the help of someone to see how you can improve these skills might be a better long term plan

6. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Firstly I'd like to thank those of you that have taken the time and trouble to reply to my post - especially since there was no guarantee that I would see it. As you may have gathered I was a little upset, still am truth be told. I'm trying not to make any decisions while in this particular frame of mind although some things cannot be helped.

Secondly to Sadeyes, I appreciate the advice. I was trying my hardest not to upset people and this is not the first forum I've been on where I've ended up upsetting people. If I can't stop it when I'm trying my hardest, reading and revising what I write (and half the time giving up and not saying anything just in case) then I think it's probably too inate within me to be changed. I don't know what else to do other than shut up and keep out of things. Maybe in time I'll feel able to give it another try. I'm afraid I'm not very good at talking to people and even worse at putting myself out there. It's my fault. I'm too easily hurt.

Again, thank you to everyone for your comments. They're much appreciated.