Apparently I look more than twice my age. Wish it were true so I could just die sooner

Kitty Katzington

I've had image issues my whole life, and lately it's been a lot worse. I'm convinced that I'm so ugly, any future relationships are officially impossible. I just got confirmation of this.

Someone requested a pic for proof because I couldn't possibly be that ugly. They said "You're not ugly, just old. You're like what, 70?"

...I'm 32, and definitely way more likely to kill myself. Part of me thought that maybe, just maybe, I was being too hard on myself. Well I fucking guess not, it's actually exponentially worse than I imagined. I'm just done

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
Uh, I think this person is trolling you. There's no way anyone's going to mistake a 32 year old for 70. A 70-year-old would generally have wrinkled/creased skin, facial sag and other signs of age. When I was young I once dated a guy who was 26 and people thought he was 40 because of hair loss and being heavyset with a belly. Some thought he was my Dad. But in my experience since then it's quite unusual for someone to look more than 10 years older or younger than they are. And 40 years older? No way.

Kitty Katzington

Uh, I think this person is trolling you. There's no way anyone's going to mistake a 32 year old for 70. A 70-year-old would generally have wrinkled/creased skin, facial sag and other signs of age. When I was young I once dated a guy who was 26 and people thought he was 40 because of hair loss and being heavyset with a belly. Some thought he was my Dad. But in my experience since then it's quite unusual for someone to look more than 10 years older or younger than they are. And 40 years older? No way.
Maybe I don't literally look 70, but I do look way older than I should. Genetics, lack of health care, and severe depression have turned me into an ugly, bitter old man before my time. It's only going to get worse as I get older.

I just wish I could have found a decent relationship before my looks got this bad. Not sure how much longer I can keep being lonely like this with no hope of ever finding love. I just want to fucking die

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
I'm really sorry to hear that. *console

It sounds like this person's comment really hurt you and I encourage you to see that person for the jerk they are. You may feel rotten for a few days but I hope you can focus on something else. I've read your other posts and you were dealing with some major non-appearance-related issues. I hope you can resolve some of those issues.

I do understand the appearance thing. I really do. But there may be a way to address some of those issues in the future.

Kitty Katzington

I do understand the appearance thing. I really do. But there may be a way to address some of those issues in the future.
Nice try, but I know my appearance isn't going to get better with age. It's only going to get worse no matter what I do.

Looking back at some old pictures, there was a period of about 2-3 years where I was kind of attractive and a lot skinnier than I am now. Too bad my broken and useless brain still saw the fat kid I was before, so my self image and depression never improved. Now I actually am that fucking ugly and there's nothing I can do about it. It would be kind of funny if I didn't want to die so badly

Kitty Katzington

Hi @Kitty Katzington
I am glad you are alive❣️
@Lady Wolfshead is wise- trolls are out there. I understand being kicked when you are already down. It hurts.
Hugs!
🦩🦩🦩🦩
They might be a troll, but that doesn't mean they were wrong. Maybe they're the only one telling the truth because they don't care about hurting my pathetic feelings. I already knew I was completely undesirable and they just confirmed it

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
Nice try, but I know my appearance isn't going to get better with age. It's only going to get worse no matter what I do.

Looking back at some old pictures, there was a period of about 2-3 years where I was kind of attractive and a lot skinnier than I am now. Too bad my broken and useless brain still saw the fat kid I was before, so my self image and depression never improved. Now I actually am that fucking ugly and there's nothing I can do about it. It would be kind of funny if I didn't want to die so badly
I don't know what your specific appearance issues are, but a lot of things can help with looking unattractive or aged For instance weight loss (since I you mentioned weight is a factor), exercise, good face/eye cream, vitamins for skin/hair (I've used both with good results) treatments for thinning hair, products for making hair look thicker (my husband uses Caboki). Also cosmetic treatments like fillers, Botox, laser skin treatments for wrinkle, marks and redness. Plenty of men also use concealer, eyebrow products, or other makeup-- Google natural makeup for men. There are men's makeup brands designed to look undetectable although pricey, but plenty of inexpensive women's makeup can be undetectable and I'd be happy to provide you with a list of inexpensive products. One of my favourite products is contour which slims my face and reduces the look of my jowls and double chin. I use the NYX blush in taupe which is a grey-brown that looks like a shadow if you apply it carefully.

I use some of these things and so does my husband and yes, they work. Most people think I am 10 years younger than my 53 years even though I have several genetic disadvantages such as hair that started going grey when I was 20, hyper-pale skin with rosacea, that scars and wrinkles easily, and jowls.

If you tell me your issues I can recommend what has worked for me. I know right now you're telling yourself nothing will ever help, but honestly why do you think everyone in Hollywood looks 30 when the are 60? Yes some of it is surgery but there are a ton of non-surgical products that work these days. As a small example I'm using a light mask from Omnilux that has greatly improved my rosacea acne and the texture and tone of my skin.

So if you don't like how you look, then do something about it. Even if you can't afford expensive treatments I'm sure you can get an eyebrow pencil or a hair thickening product or something that will help one of your issues.

Last edited:

Kitty Katzington

I don't know what your specific appearance issues are, but a lot of things can help with looking unattractive or aged For instance weight loss (since I you mentioned weight is a factor), exercise, good face/eye cream, vitamins for skin/hair (I've used both with good results) treatments for thinning hair, products for making hair look thicker (my husband uses Caboki). Also cosmetic treatments like fillers, Botox, laser skin treatments for wrinkle, marks and redness. Plenty of men also use concealer, eyebrow products, or other makeup-- Google natural makeup for men. There are men's makeup brands designed to look undetectable although pricey, but plenty of inexpensive women's makeup can be undetectable and I'd be happy to provide you with a list of inexpensive products. One of my favourite products is contour which slims my face and reduces the look of my jowls and double chin. I use the NYX blush in taupe which is a grey-brown that looks like a shadow if you apply it carefully.

I use some of these things and so does my husband and yes, they work. Most people think I am 10 years younger than my 53 years even though I have several genetic disadvantages such as hair that started going grey when I was 20, hyper-pale skin with rosacea, that scars and wrinkles easily, and jowls.

If you tell me your issues I can recommend what has worked for me. I know right now you're telling yourself nothing will ever help, but honestly why do you think everyone in Hollywood looks 30 when the are 60? Yes some of it is surgery but there are a ton of non-surgical products that work these days. As a small example I'm using a light mask from Omnilux that has greatly improved my rosacea acne and the texture and tone of my skin.

So if you don't like how you look, then do something about it. Even if you can't afford expensive treatments I'm sure you can get an eyebrow pencil or a hair thickening product or something that will help one of your issues.
I can barely afford food right now, there's no way I can afford to actually take care of my appearance. I just wish I didn't waste my life and actually did something useful when I still had a chance. Too late now

cots

Late response but I can relate.

I was called "Granny" for most parts of my high school life. I look old and my beady eyes don't make anything better. I have lanky hair. I look old, really.

I don't have words of consolation but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Sending hugs.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00