1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appointment

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Chickpea, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Chickpea

Chickpea Well-Known Member

He said he will see me in three weeks. I'm not planning on being alive for another three weeks. He said if I felt like my depression was getting in the way of work then we would try anti depressants.... it IS stopping me from working. I haven't done a scrap of work all summer, and not started it this term either. And so far I've skipped 2 out of 3 lectures because I feel bad.. I feel so damned depressed. But of course for some reason I don't feel able to SAY that to the psychiatrist. Why can't I say it? And I also failed to mention the fact I throw up about 5 times a day. These people aren't mind readers. I need to learn to speak up. :dry:

I do see my counsellor on Monday though.... and the topic of suicide did come up last session. I don't know anymore. I feel so depressed and scared and alone. I've come up with a way to perhaps be more able to do my uni work though - I'll change my dissertation topic to euthanasia/suicide. Now THAT I can write about and read about. :sad:

Basically I just want to die right now. It took all my strength out of my holding back my tears on the journey home today. :blub:

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

aww I know what you're going through. It's so hard to get motivated!
    And talking about suicide is tough. I've had to promise 3 professionals in the last 2 days that im not gonna kill myself, eek, I had to tell them my plans, shit that was hard! :mad:
    It's best to tell them everything, they're there to help

3. Chickpea

:hug: Well done for being honest with them. I find it hard in the short 10 minute style appointments with doctors to get the info out. I need coaxing lol.

I'll try to be as honest as possible with my counsellor but if I tell them my plans, I'm afraid that she will tell someone or try to stop me. I want the decision to be up to me... plus my sessions are recorded on tape so she has solid proof of whatever I have said, and she can discuss it with my doctors. :blink: I've only seen her a few times so I'm a bit unsure of how much to trust her.... but she is really nice, and I'll tell her more about it on Monday. She knows I'm thinking about it, but I claimed to have no one particular method in mind (lie) and no date in mind (lie!). I hate being a liar :mad:

4. Chickpea

Oh my God.... I'm watching a documentary about the future.... I don't want to live in this world! It is so cold and scary! The doc. is about the possibility of living forever and is reminding me how much I DON'T want to live.... I more or less cut myself off from real life at the moment anyway. I can't bear it. I have to numb myself with alcohol and, if I had any contacts, Id use drugs. I just can't stand it. I don't like the way the world works... based on money, and bodily indulgence. I don't understand it and yet I'm a part of it. And I don't WANT to be a part of it, and yet it is 'wrong' for me to quit... and illegal for me to buy what I would need to leave peacefully. Oh my God. This is a nightmare. This is one huge nightmare.