April will be 1 yr since my brother died

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by mom2two, Jan 22, 2008.

1. mom2two

mom2two New Member

Hello,
    I happened to find this website this weekend, so thought I would try to talk about the pain this year has been like. He died from suicide on April 13 -a friday, I have felt such deep grief , helplessness, despair, guilt , being 650 miles away from him, etc, I really need someone to talk to who has been there, it would help so much~~

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss.

3. mom2two

mom2two New Member

Thanks , just you replying so quickly helped me, hope to talk again soon.:smile:

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm usually in the chatroom if you want to talk. :)

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I am so sorry for your loss. There are so many caring and helpful people here at SF. Please feel free to post what ever you need and others here will always be there to listen and try to help you with your pain. Welcome to SF.

6. mom2two

mom2two New Member

Thank you I really appreciate it, it is really hard this month, this week mark's 2 yrs since my oldest brother died of cancer and then April being a year since the other brother died, I am making it, just trying to take one day at a time:sad:
    But thank you I will keep in mind the support I can find on here.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

im sorry for your loss :hug:

8. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Please accept my deepest sorry for your losses
    Suicide is not a choice in itself; you are taken by it like any illness
    Im sure deep inside him your brother struggled hard and tried everything to get through it
    He didnt mean to hurt you and your family and you will find someday the strenght to forgive him and understand his permanent act
    Its a long and hard path but Im sure you will find out the peace to carry on
    As for the Whys and What Ifs you cant help thinking of; its not worth looking for any answers as he died with his secrets
    All I can say being suicidial myself is that He probably suffered a lot no matter what he had to live for and that he looked at it as a relief
    It was not his own choices but choices of live imposed on him by tortured thoughts
    You will start grieving like I did for a friend who comitted suicide once you start forgiving him

you are in my thoughts
    All my love