Arbitrary Suicidal Feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Louis, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis

Louis New Member

So here I am posting on a suicide forum.

I have friends (but not real friends, acquaintances who would rather be talking to someone less pathetic and sad looking). as of recent no one even wants to talk to me.

Every day, even after "happy" days I think about killing myself and have been recently researching lethal doses of aspirin because I figure its better than paracetamol . But I know I'm too cowardly to go through with it

I find no joy in enjoyable activities and I feign smiles all day. At this
    point, I cant actively seek psychiatric help due to the negative social stigma and unwilling parents (I also sleep about 12 hours a day and eat very little) No one wants to help me but I want help .

Is anyone else in this situation or has been? :(
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well sort of. I know too well the feeling of even on happy days, the thoughts and feelings of suicide are there. Like 24/7. I know too well the feeling of wearing the happy mask so that others dont have to know or deal with my problems. I have no friends in RL. But I have made so many here at SF. People here understand your pain and no one judges you. You can post freely and openly about how you are feeling and can ask for help when you need to.

Make an appointment with your family doctor. Tell him how you are feeling and what is going on in your head. He can even arrange a second visit with your parents there so that they really understand how dire things are getting for you. Seeing a pdoc isnt as socially unacceptable as it used to be. If not that then maybe see if there are mental health workers, counsellors or therapists available in your area. As for cost, I know many mental health workers and therapists are free of charge through medical plans etc.

If all that fails to come through, then try joining a support group for people that suffer suicidal thoughts or depression. It is a group of people that feel the same as you and can really help you find other resources that may be of help to you.

But regardless of all the other things hun, you have SF. Keep posting and let others see what is going on. Read some of the other posts and find members that share the same problems and pm them. This place is filled with angels that understand your pain and demons. Let us help you while you are finding help in RL.
  3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

So, you'd rather be dead than alive?
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I hope I answered some of your questions and that you will stay awhile and talk with us. If you want, you can send me a pm. I'm still new here and the above was supposed to come out with your statement and then my response. You should be able to see what I wrote though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.