Are "bad" choices considered attempted suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by loner060, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loner060

loner060 Member

Let me first start by stating that I have suffered from depression for awhile now and I'm currently on anti-depressants.

I get absolutely no pleasure or happiness from everyday life and if I'm not on something (pills, alcohol, any drug, etc.) My urge to end my life is stronger and stronger.

People claim that drugs are so bad for you, but they drug us to try to make us happy... Its an oxymoron. I would rather shorten my life and feel happy at times while I'm fucked up than sit through this horrible life trying to find ways not to kill myself.

So really are the "bad choices" ass that bad when the other option is death? Food for though.....
  2. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

I can see where your coming from although I'll admit that alcohol and drugs messed me up more in the long term and I'm definitely better off without them. I suppose if you can handle it and the good outweighs the bad for you then why not use substances? It's your life and your body at the end of the day.

Would you agree that using drugs and alcohol maybe decrease the chance of a proper recovery though?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  3. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

I'll just answer your question: In some circumstances, yes. Being suicidal can also mean deliberately failing to act safely. That includes alcoholism.

I'm gonna take a shot here. So you said you're on antidepressants and gave the impression that they aren't working. What is it, and how long have you been taking it? Second, have you brought this up with your doctor? Antidepressants don't have the best success rate, but there's a lot of them. He or she might choose to switch you onto something else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.